Ignore certain file extensions (1 Viewer)

SimplyC

Portal Member
September 13, 2009
Hello,

can you set moving pictures to ignore certain file extensions? I've got loads of trailers stored as mov files, and I don't want them to be picked up. All my movies are avi, mp4 or mkv...

Cheers

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
August 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Off the top of my head, there are a couple of ways you can do this.

1. You can remove mov from the list of video extensions in Media Portal (MP Config -> Videos -> Video Extensions)

2. If the trailers are all below a certain filesize, you can use the Sample Filter advanced configuration of Moving Pictures, which screens out sample movies. Just go to MovPic Config -> About -> Advanced Settings -> Sample Max Filesize (MB). In here specify the minimum size that Moving Pictures will consider to be a film.

3. Move all the trailers to an unmonitored folder ;)

Hope this helps

SimplyC

Portal Member
September 13, 2009
Hi Zealot, and thanks. Your first suggestion seems to have worked

I didn't realise that MovingPictures used the same list! I've added a new .mov file aince deleting it from the list and it's not been picked up, so fingers crossed...

As far as the sample filter works, doesn't that also look for the regular expression (default = "sample") before applying the filesize rule? I only say this as all the files are less than 150mb, but were still being picked up. I did wonder if I could modify this, but i'm scared of regular expressions....

Thanks again
SC

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields) so I have decided to have a go at creating an XML based on the XBMC Local xml. This has not been tested with multi languages and it has been configured for my personal collection. I'm hoping it will work...
Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
Replies
Views
Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures), there's a setting for ignored files you can try to disable. I'm using Mediaportal right now, so can't check exactly how it's worded. Emph
Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures)...
Guys, I could really use some suggestions on this one. I've a large film collection that I've recently transferred over to a new...
Replies
Views
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
I have installed Mediaportal x64 and TV server X64 on a freshly built Win 11 OS. I'm getting an error related to Gentle.config . "Unable to open Gentle.Config" and "Root element is missing". Any idea how to fix this on the x64 version? Thanks Fangio (Edit: Fixed by putting newest Gentle.config file into every possible directory...
I have installed Mediaportal x64 and TV server X64 on a freshly built Win 11 OS. I'm getting an error related to Gentle.config ...
I have decided to rework this post, becouse is no longer relevant. The SharpDX version is already included in MediaPortal since...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom