[Approved] - IMDB.com (default info grabber) | Page 13

Discussion in 'Submit: Movie Info Grabbers' started by dukus, July 29, 2007.

1. piranha
    • Premium Supporter

piranha MP Donator

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Check the link I gave. MovingPictures for me completely replaces MyVideos and has very smart recognition of movies for imdb grabbing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dapun

dapun Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks... for the tip.. I will try it when monochrome gets its skin updated for it.

4. mag_sol76

mag_sol76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My search won´t find "The Christmas Toy" and it won´t look up my iso-files. What can i do?

5. Pirppuli
    • Premium Supporter

Pirppuli MP Donator

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    As per Infinityloop's request, I'm posting an updated imdb.com grabber script here. Changes:

• fixed number of votes and rating grabbing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spaldo
    • Premium Supporter

Spaldo MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Pirppuli,

Does this script grab the entire description ? The current default one gets stuck on either I or |

After it gets to this character, it stops grabbing any plot/description/info.

7. Spaldo
    • Premium Supporter

Spaldo MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    As per the above post, there is still the bug where it is getting stuck on the | character in the description/plot.

Additionally here are some other bugs I posted else where which I have found with the scanner.

These are quite brief descriptions of the errors/bugs/issues. Please let me know and I can expand on them. Thanks for your efforts thus far :)

8. Pirppuli
    • Premium Supporter

Pirppuli MP Donator

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    I made some changes to the script:
    1. Added partial match handling. As a side effect you'll get more matches even when there are exact matches.
    2. Added HTML entity decoding in various places.
    3. Removed direct-to-video (V) releases from exclude list.
    4. Added removal of commas from votes, as they are interpreted as decimal points in some countries.
    5. Added removal of pipe character from the end of taglines and plot outlines.

MP only appears to pass alphanumeric characters to the grabber in the title string (without the year, even if supplied in the file name). E.g. "The In-Laws (2003)" is searched as "the in laws", which only produces partial matches. Unless the way MP itself outputs the search strings is changed, the script cannot do anything about this. Displaying partial matches is a workaround.

The changes I made should address problems 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 in your list. You are welcome to try the attached grabber at your own risk :). As far as I could see, the only problem with the pipe character (|) was that it wasn't stripped from taglines or plot outlines.

Please note that I'm not a professional programmer nor am I the developer of this script. The changes I made may have some unintentional side effects that I have not foreseen.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Spaldo
    • Premium Supporter

Spaldo MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thank you for your efforts Pirppuli, I will give it a go :)

10. lillebror

lillebror New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Im new here and I dont know if somebody already done something like it, but I would like a grabber that works as the one in XBMC.
    *It can search on folder names (for us who just unrar the stuff)
    *It dosent bother if its two or more files in the folder (pile them togheter as one movie)
    *A lot more flexible

I dont know if this is an grabber issue or a program issue, but if there is a folder with a dvd movie in it (.vob .ifo) it does not make it to one movie.

11. Spaldo
    • Premium Supporter

Spaldo MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:

The MediaPortal team have been concentrating on other issues and have not really taken much interest in the development of the imdb grabbing software/method.

However, there is scheduled work to take place in the coming releases as a new developer is now on the team.. Also there are plugins such as Moving Pictures which has a great grabbing system and nice GUI.

Hopefully when gamejester starts on the grabber in the next version they will improve the standard as he previously has with test builds.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!