[Approved] IMDB.com (default info grabber) (1 Viewer)

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Check the link I gave. MovingPictures for me completely replaces MyVideos and has very smart recognition of movies for imdb grabbing.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    As per the above post, there is still the bug where it is getting stuck on the | character in the description/plot.

Additionally here are some other bugs I posted else where which I have found with the scanner.

Bugs:

1) There are still " characters appearing with movies. Ie Do a scan for 'Blue Murder' without the quotes or 'Deja Vu' without the quotes and you will see what I mean.

2) There are still movies that will not come up when you scan for them, although they are in the imdb data base. ie. 'Attack Force' will not show up at all, but, Attack Force (2006) (V)

3) If you have 2 parts to a movie... ie. blah - cd1.avi & blah - cd2.avi .. When the scan happens, it still asks for input for both parts of the same title. You only have to select one for it to work, but the second part is still there.

4) Script wont find anything with a - in it .. Ie. "The In-Laws" The In-Laws (2003/I) ... It cannot find the movie, no matter which combination you put the words.

5) Movies with a & in the title are stuffing up totally, causing no cover to be found. Ie. Put 'I now pronounce you chuck and larry.avi' in your list and see what it produces..

Bug and/or Suggestion Depends on your point of view

6) Perhaps the script should go a little broader if it doesn't find a match. Ie. If you search for 'Gauntlet' it has no result, but if you search for 'The Gauntlet' then it does.... That doesn't make sense.

7) I just scanned about 450 files, with countless 'conflicts' and it is going to take me half an hour. Please either allow us to put the year in the title, so that it finds the match easier, or for the script to automatically select the most popular title and sort it out later on.

These are quite brief descriptions of the errors/bugs/issues. Please let me know and I can expand on them. Thanks for your efforts thus far :)

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I made some changes to the script:
    1. Added partial match handling. As a side effect you'll get more matches even when there are exact matches.
    2. Added HTML entity decoding in various places.
    3. Removed direct-to-video (V) releases from exclude list.
    4. Added removal of commas from votes, as they are interpreted as decimal points in some countries.
    5. Added removal of pipe character from the end of taglines and plot outlines.

MP only appears to pass alphanumeric characters to the grabber in the title string (without the year, even if supplied in the file name). E.g. "The In-Laws (2003)" is searched as "the in laws", which only produces partial matches. Unless the way MP itself outputs the search strings is changed, the script cannot do anything about this. Displaying partial matches is a workaround.

The changes I made should address problems 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 in your list. You are welcome to try the attached grabber at your own risk :). As far as I could see, the only problem with the pipe character (|) was that it wasn't stripped from taglines or plot outlines.

Please note that I'm not a professional programmer nor am I the developer of this script. The changes I made may have some unintentional side effects that I have not foreseen.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    I made some changes to the script:
    1. Added partial match handling. As a side effect you'll get more matches even when there are exact matches.
    2. Added HTML entity decoding in various places.
    3. Removed direct-to-video (V) releases from exclude list.
    4. Added removal of commas from votes, as they are interpreted as decimal points in some countries.
    5. Added removal of pipe character from the end of taglines and plot outlines.

MP only appears to pass alphanumeric characters to the grabber in the title string (without the year, even if supplied in the file name). E.g. "The In-Laws (2003)" is searched as "the in laws", which only produces partial matches. Unless the way MP itself outputs the search strings is changed, the script cannot do anything about this. Displaying partial matches is a workaround.

The changes I made should address problems 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 in your list. You are welcome to try the attached grabber at your own risk :). As far as I could see, the only problem with the pipe character (|) was that it wasn't stripped from taglines or plot outlines.

Please note that I'm not a professional programmer nor am I the developer of this script. The changes I made may have some unintentional side effects that I have not foreseen.

Thank you for your efforts Pirppuli, I will give it a go :)

lillebror

January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Im new here and I dont know if somebody already done something like it, but I would like a grabber that works as the one in XBMC.
    *It can search on folder names (for us who just unrar the stuff)
    *It dosent bother if its two or more files in the folder (pile them togheter as one movie)
    *A lot more flexible

I dont know if this is an grabber issue or a program issue, but if there is a folder with a dvd movie in it (.vob .ifo) it does not make it to one movie.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Im new here and I dont know if somebody already done something like it, but I would like a grabber that works as the one in XBMC.
    *It can search on folder names (for us who just unrar the stuff)
    *It dosent bother if its two or more files in the folder (pile them togheter as one movie)
    *A lot more flexible

I dont know if this is an grabber issue or a program issue, but if there is a folder with a dvd movie in it (.vob .ifo) it does not make it to one movie.

The MediaPortal team have been concentrating on other issues and have not really taken much interest in the development of the imdb grabbing software/method.

However, there is scheduled work to take place in the coming releases as a new developer is now on the team.. Also there are plugins such as Moving Pictures which has a great grabbing system and nice GUI.

Hopefully when gamejester starts on the grabber in the next version they will improve the standard as he previously has with test builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom