[Approved] IMDB.com (default info grabber) (1 Viewer)

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :)

Ok - here you go - remember this must be used with the GameJester configurator and core.dll.

Looks good, working well here.
    Has anyone compared this new scripted version against the inbuilt IMDB one?
    If the general opinion is that this new one is a lot better we could look to remove the other one to simplify choice for new users.

As for inclusion in the core, v1.0 is feature freeze and all effort is going into producing a solid bug free v1. This new stuff will look to go into a version 1.0.1 some time after v1 goes live; but the patch will maintained to current svn levels and all the testing you guys are doing now means the integration work later will be quicker as any bugs with it will have been ironed out.

dapun

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    Crazy Recommendation.

Can we have the imdb script have a way of blacklisting words so it doesnt query the server.

Reason I ask.. is sometimes I have movies that are named like this:

Terminator.DVDRIP.avi
    or
    Terminator.TVRIP.avi
    or
    Terminator.DSR.avi

how could I blacklist words like DSR,TVRIP,and DVDRIP from the query so I can actually get results instead of having to enter the movie manually.

Thanks.

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    it'd also be nice to have WORDS you can set to stop reading once the word is read in...

i.e.

Terminator.2000.DVDRip.XviD-blah.avi

if DVDRip was in the word list, it'd only read "Terminator 2000"

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can we have the imdb script have a way of blacklisting words so it doesnt query the server.

Reason I ask.. is sometimes I have movies that are named like this:

Terminator.DVDRIP.avi
    or
    Terminator.TVRIP.avi
    or
    Terminator.DSR.avi

how could I blacklist words like DSR,TVRIP,and DVDRIP from the query so I can actually get results instead of having to enter the movie manually.

Thanks.

This would all be a moot point if MP would just use the folder name instead of the file name.

This is one area that XBMC totally obliterates MP on.

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This would all be a moot point if MP would just use the folder name instead of the file name.

... not everyone puts each movie in a separate folder. and even if they do, the folders may have the same naming as we listed above.

XBMC has the option to use the folder name or not use the folder name. MP should be the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom