[Approved] IMDB.com (default info grabber) (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Apparently Games are not suppose to be in the database :) Item has been removed.

Note: The same thing happens for movies with the exact same name/year e.g. The Beach (2000) I/II...Perhaps we can have a option to automatically choose the one that has the most hits?

Regarding the name of 'E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)', its named correctly on both movie-xml and imdb.

For this search to work 'E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982).mkv' you need to strip the dots '.' and the dashes '-'. Now, it looks like that is being done, but the dashes are being replaced with spaces instead of empty space e.g.

'ET The Extra Terrestrial' (Zero Results) vs 'ET The ExtraTerrestrial' (2 results)

Changing my local file name to 'E.T. The ExtraTerrestrial (1982).mkv' is my work around for now. But this will happen for other movies.

s7oneyuk

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have a go with this version of the IMDB script that i have been working on. It is based on an idea posted on page 8 by rjburke377 regarding the also-known-as names that IMDB offers (but with some of them stripped out). seems to get a pretty good hit rate on some weird film names too (you can finally look for The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly for example!!). you will need to be running the version posted in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/movies-enhanced-cover-retrieval-43405/ to get this to work (or you could simply remove the additional parameter that this version of the core/configurator require in the script files.

let me know any feedback you have regarding this.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Looks better. Does not seem to make use of the year.
    For exmaple if i have a movie named
    ghost (1990).avi

It will strill return a lot like

Ghost (1990)
    Ghost (2003)
    Ghost (1984)

As the compare is only between the stings without brackets (as this are removed and not stored in the movie name) it results in more ambiguous matches forcing the user to then choose a movie.

s7oneyuk

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007
    Home Country
    i have a new version ready to post this evening when i get home that now has some year logic in there. If the year is included in the search parameters (you have to be running GameJesters version of the Configuration.exe and core.dll) then the returned list of movies will only include the movies that have this year. If no year is specified then they are returned as before. It still includes the AKA logic as before.

I ran this last night over my collection of 200+ movies and had a fantastic hit rate with only 3 movies not automaticlly found (actually turned out to be typos in my film names and i had some movies labelled as Disk 1/ Disk 2 - after a rename to CD1 / CD2 - all good.)

Will post this up tonight.

s7oneyuk

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007
    Home Country
    ok - here you go - earlier than promised!! let me know what you think...

Paul

edit - hang on - broken - will upload a new one in a while

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What happens if you use it without the especially compiled files? Does it work at all, or not?

Emph

s7oneyuk

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Emph,

not without a change to the script. Its not possible (aparently) to call the FindFilm function as an overloaded function so it now has 3 x parameters instead of the 2 that the pre gamejester configurator has. You could change the script to remove the strYear peice (and you'd need to remove the references to this string throughout) - but the point of the year logic is to give a far greater hit rate on your movie collection.

if you have your movies named with the file title and the year then you should get a great 1st time hit rate.

e.g.

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976).avi

will be correctly matched up now. Let me know if this makes sense and what you reckon on the script.

edit: worth noting that GameJester is now part of the dev team with his recent contributions to the mymovies section and so its likely that his changes will be incorporate into a future core build anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom