[Approved] IMDB.com (default info grabber) (1 Viewer)

zag2me

Portal Pro
April 11, 2006
Home Country
England England
Great stuff guys, I have not had too much time to work on movdb recently, but I will do some more improvements soon.

You can all help by registering on the site and updating any movies or uploading coverart. I'm especially interested in new movies that are in the cinema.

Darkus are you scraping the site or using the xml interfaces?

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
I'm using the xml interface, but i don't find to much about it.
If you know some c#, may take a look in scripts\imdb folder

n0idi0n

Portal Member
June 5, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
dukus,

I'm glad to see you're looking into the poor thumbnail res. problem. I just tried the latest svn and still have the same issue.

baukland

September 7, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hello There

Wonder if its possible to get a little imdb script rewritten :)
The problem is that i have about 650 movies that has been saved on my hd.
But i have marked everyone from 1 and up. Like this

106 - ONCE_UPON_A_TIME_IN_AMERICA_disc1.iso
1 - Blade II.iso
20 - PANIC ROOM.iso
But it dont parse this line good.
The numbers in the beginning of the line wont parse, taken away. So when it search imdb. I get manymany movies that it wont take.

So i was wondering if someone could be so kind to make a little twist on the one we use today?
I use latest version of MP.

Auki

SpiffBB

Portal Pro
July 18, 2006
Hello
First - thanks for the scripts! Long time missing feature. But........ I would like one improvement. Most of my movies is named first with the movie name and then year in brakets - like this:
Dirty Deeds (2005)
(yeah, not the best movie made)
However non of the scripts include the year in the search.
This results that movie-xml wont return anything (there is one made 2002 and another 2005) - even if grab closest match is ticked (bug?).
If I instead use imdb-script it works because it guess its the one from 2005 but this isnt a good solution - for other movies for example The Dark (2005) it chooses something completly different then it search for the best match to The Dark and exclude the year (it comes up with a completly different movie).
What I would like is that the script search for the movie name with or without best guess (selectable) but allways include the year in the search if it is 4 numbers betwin (). Would this be possible?
Regards
Oscar

zag2me

Portal Pro
April 11, 2006
Home Country
England England
Updated movie-xml with some more interfaces, I'm thinking about adding one that checks movie name + year but just trying to work out how it will be useful as not all movies in your library may have the correct year as many are released at different times.

Here is the instructions on using the XML interface.

http://www.movie-xml.com/?tab=interface

n0idi0n

Portal Member
June 5, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi dukus,

I've been fine tuning the imdb_com csscript to try to improve the search results. It's working better, but the problem is, it still ends up grabbing poor quality cover art. There is another script that comes up in the dropdown list in the Configuration program called IMDB that does a good job at getting the coverart, but I don't see a .csscript file for it in the scripts folder so I don't know how to modify it. There are in fact several additional scripts in the dropdown list (FRDB, OFDB) that don't have a corresponding csscript file. Where are these scripts located?

Thanks,

D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The first IMDB item in the list gets High Resolution images for the movie posters because it gets it from 'www.impawards.com/' instead of imdb.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom