[Approved] IMDB.com (default info grabber) (2 Viewers)

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
To solve, it is simple leave empty the field movieDetails.ThumbURL=STring.Empty; the the images are from www.impawards.com, but this is a internal process not a script.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Note that images from the movie-xml site are intentionally limited in size/resolution to avoid copyright issues. It's arguable whether you really need larger images, but if you want anything bigger then impawards.com may be more suitable as (I think) there are much higher res versions there. Not sure whether these ones are retrieved by the default imdb script, though.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Updated to work with new XML layout

I have updated this IMDB grabber c# script to work with the new XML layout from the site.
    Plus I have added in all the new fields, so all the myVideos information is filled out.
    It also gets all the high res cover from movie-xml site.
    Enjoy.

FYI.
    I set up my myVideos options to first search moviexml(grabber) and then imdb_com(grabber), hit the auto select button and on the scan tab untick the download actors option and tick the skip files already in database. I can now do a scan of my 200+ movies in seconds and pull down info for each new movie again in seconds with no stupid flase matches (so far!)

Owe yeah, the only thing I have not finished (because I am lazy) is the actors to roles mapping, so at the moment it just reads in all the actors but does not tell you role they played, I will update that bit later.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Just noticed that when it matches 2 movies the same it is hard to know which one to pick, so I have appended the year on the returned search results, should make guessing a bit easier.

Also, just pointed the searcher to my dvd iso folder as well, wow that makes the search super slow, why does it have to mount each image with daemon tools just to check the name, cannot it just get that from the file name, would be each quicker.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, I put the script in my IMDB scripts folder, but in my drop down list I don't see "moviexml(grabber)". Am I supposed to see it like that, or is it called something different i MediaPortal configuration? Thanks, I'm not very impressed with the results the built in scripts have given me lately.

Emph

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeah that is all you need to do.
    drop it in

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\imdb

It should showup in the available databases as
    moviexml (IMDB grabber)

What version of media portal are you running?
    I am testing this on 0.2.3 final, I have got a 1.0 RC1 around as well so will give it a go on that too.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm running RC1.

And I did put it in my Backup folder, so now that I've put it into the right folder it works. :D

Thanks
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom