IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've had trouble scraping the movie Epic (2013) as for some reason, the suggested result was Epic (2014) and all the other hits were of older movies. The filename even had 2013 in it. In the end, I had to use the IMDB ID to get a correct result.

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've had trouble scraping the movie Epic (2013) as for some reason, the suggested result was Epic (2014) and all the other hits were of older movies. The filename even had 2013 in it. In the end, I had to use the IMDB ID to get a correct result.

I can only fix it if I can recreate the problem, can you at least give me the full path+filename that you used?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Imported the following on my test box:

Epic.avi
    Epic.2013.avi

Both imported as "Epic (2013)" just fine. You should be able to manually verify the results, by looking to see what the results are at:

http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Epic

As that is what IMDb+ uses to locate the movie on "Epic.avi"

Perhaps Amazon/IMDb decided to complicate things even more for me and giving Swedish users a different search result then USA ones. The only way I will be able to fix it then is if you enable the new IMDb+ option to store the HTML source inside movingpictures.log file as well as scraper-debug mode, then I can at least see exactly what is happening for Swedish users without booking a ticket to Stockholm :)

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    I remember having the exact same problem when I added Epic (2013), it was detected as Epic (2014). The only way to make sure you get the right movie is place the Imdb id in a txt file, which is what I do now for every movie no matter what. :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The 'Epic' search result order at IMDb is based on popularity. So perhaps a bunch of users ended up checking out what the "Epic (2014)" was about, pushing it to #1 spot. One way to fix this is to narrow the MovPic setting on how accurate 'year' has to be. I assume you at least had 2013 in the filename or NFO/TXT, so it should then match up with "Epic (2013)" no matter what. Of course around the end of the year you get the situation that movies are released on some media the following year which might cause issues.

Especially in non-USA countries it is comon for versions to be released the following year, so the years are all messed up then. This is why by default the year accurancy can be +1 and -1.

If you have fancy tools such as CouchPotato, it will add the IMDb tt-ID automatic, so you do not have to worry about a missmatch.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.9.27 released

- Fixed special edition detection (the proper way)

It is very easy to make a small mistake with Regular Expressions sometimes when you are not careful :)

Forgot to make the title prefix condition actually conditional and not part of the captured results, so title would be repeated on a refresh. Guess I stumbled on that one myself before anybody else did :cool:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I added "World War Z (Unrated)" and lately I noticed MovPic has trouble adding fanart on the first try (still issues with TMDb I guess). So I tested to see if I had to restart MediaPortal again or if other tasks would trigger it. That is when I noticed I had ended up with "World War Z World War Z (Unrated)", so could not stand for such a blatant error before I went to bed :)

Then I also use custom special editions, because I have both SD and HD versions of some movie. To fix that I add "([HD])" to the filename now so that I end up with "Iron Man III" and "Iron Man III [HD]" to make it easier to select when I'm inside "All movies" or "Collections". It is also handy to indicate foreign movies for me. Granted this can all be done via the media icons as well, but my current MediaPortal setup doesn't show those when scrolling down the list, I have to 'enter' into the movie details first. Still even if that works nicely with Titan once I finish new HTPC, I will most likely still keep the title adjustment because it seperates them quicker (and I got used to it).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No issues with TMDb on my end unless it was caused by the double World War Z ?

Also note that I have added fanart.tv as a poster/fanart source, I set those as my default as the quality is highest :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.9.28 released

- Added Portugese genres and additional black-list entries for English title detection.

Thanks @zpower

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom