IMDb+ Plugin 2.0.0.281 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.41 (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sorry to bother you but it looks like the option to "Remove Roman Numeral From First Movie" may be broken.

In this case MovPic is `broken`.

Well it misses a feature is more like it. As you can see in the large font it shows "Babe", because that is the only value that updates in real-time.

The "list" where you see "Babe I" still is only updated upon startup.

Solution: simply restart MediaPortal, so that MovPic can reload the correct list.
    Future: MovPic developer is aware of it, but no telling how long it will take

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks RoChess.

I can see what you mean but even after a restart the list entry still shows the Roman Numeral.

Will have a play later.

Cheers,

Wo0zy.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I can see what you mean but even after a restart the list entry still shows the Roman Numeral.

Let me know what you find, because it could be a bug somewhere.

Locate the movie inside MovPic config otherwise (enlarge the window so all fields show) and make me a screenshot.

But since it shows "Babe" inside MovPic GUI once movie in list is highlighted, that to me says it got removed. It takes a restart of MediaPortal to then show this in the list of MovPic, or something has changed and the list now uses the SortBy value, because that one is still kept at "Babe I" so that the movie sorts correct.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi RoChess,

Just Installed at home and have the same problem with all titles that have sequels. The Roman Numeral isn't being removed from the first movie.

New example is Kung Fu Panda I.

I've attached an image of the MovPic Config after the import, an image of the movie within MP and an image of the IMDB+ settings.

As you can see from the MovPic config image "Title" and "Sort By" have the same value (except for upper case and lower case "i").

Can I provide any logs that would help here or do you think this is a MovPic issue?

Thanks for your help!.

Cheers,

Wo0zy

Attachments

• KFP_1.jpg
      KFP_1.jpg
      198.8 KB
    • KFPI_Coverflow.jpg
      KFPI_Coverflow.jpg
      106.9 KB
    • IMDB_Plus_Settings.jpg
      IMDB_Plus_Settings.jpg
      75.1 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Just Installed at home and have the same problem with all titles that have sequels. The Roman Numeral isn't being removed from the first movie.

My bad, it has been so long since I last looked at that code.

MovPic has a step inbetween to create the final title the very first time you import. This is so it can remove articles such as "The Matrix" getting sorted as "Matrix". This means I can not store "kung fu panda i" as sortyby order by myself, as it would kill that system.

Solution I came up with was to import movie, have SortBy get the right value and then on a refresh remove the Roman Numeral after a backup of the SortBy.

Think this is actually documented somewhere. Now the good news is that for IMDb+ plugin 3.0, I'm going to be adding my own article removal system to bypass this problem (or look at a new way to solve this problem).

So what you have to do is import the movie, it will get 'I' and then refresh the movie details on it. You can mass do this via IMDb+ plugin hidden menu "Refresh..." selection and tell it to only refresh the movies that match the rename database.

Giuseppe

Portal Member
    September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    There is a little error in the script with category traslations:

Right version
    English => Italian
    Musical => Musical

Bed version (as is)
    Now the script traslate
    Musical => Musicaal

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There is a little error in the script with category traslations:

Right version
    English => Italian
    Musical => Musical

Bed version (as is)
    Now the script traslate
    Musical => Musicaal

I knew it was too easy. It is because text string "Music" is replaced with "Musica"... so I'll have to verify that each genre is ended with | char.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper script v4.8.1 released

- Fixed 'Music' genre getting string replaced correct for DE/ES/IT/FR/PT system

Please refresh any movie with 'Musical' genre that got changed wrong.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    When I will have more time, I will look further into this. Thanks

Does it all work now for you?
    Hi Ron and happy Easter,
    I was looking into this, but I don't get the summary, nor tagline when I import a movie, but when I refresh from importer, I get the summary and tagline. Any idea? Find it rather strange because I'm using the same script, from the Importer or refresh from the imported films :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom