IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.7 (1 Viewer)

Should this be the default imdb scraper?

• Yes, I do not want to re-import

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No, keep this one seperate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares, I got movies to watch

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.5

But back on topic: I tried to update the 1500 movies I have in Moving Pictures. MP Config crashes after processing about 1/4 of it. Reproducible every time. Not sure of the exact number. I tried selecting smaller and smaller packages until it ran through. Haven't tried with the original scraper as it takes a long time to go through several hundred movies. Might be an issue of MovingPictures Config itself. My best guess a memory leak or an out of bounds issue on an array.

I had the same problem myself, and fforde as you can see above is aware of the issue and will fix it.

I have 2GB of memory in my HTPC with pagefile disabled. This means that with OS loaded and added daemons for the RDP connection that 1.2GB is in use with MovingPicture config open. If I then launch a full import or refresh of entire collection it indeed crashes on an out of memory error.

But I found that if I split it in batches of roughly 500 movies at a time, that it worked fine. I could see that memory usage would climb to 1.8 or 1.9GB, but I rather have that extra room then play it dangerously close with a larger batch amount.

Keep in mind that after each batch you have to close MovingPictures config and MediaPortal (this is where PluginConfigLoader tool comes in handy), to release all the memory before you import the next batch.

Or you can wait of course for fforde to do his magic and find a proper solution.

pauls89

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.5

Fantastic! I've been using MP for a while now and just making do with the MPAA certifications but this is exactly what I've been looking for!

A couple of questions though, a few movies I've imported still retain their US certs (I have done a full re-import using this scraper) do I have to change them manually on the Movie Manager tab or is there another way to do this?

Also, in StreamedMP, when I was using the US certs, the rating came up next to the movie name, and using UK certs, it doesn't. Anyone know how to make the UK logo's appear where the US ones do in this case, or should this be a question for the skins forum?

I've attached pictures that shows both problems, thanks!:D

screenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpg

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Fantastic! I've been using MP for a while now and just making do with the MPAA certifications but this is exactly what I've been looking for!

Thank you :D

A couple of questions though, a few movies I've imported still retain their US certs (I have done a full re-import using this scraper) do I have to change them manually on the Movie Manager tab or is there another way to do this?

Unfortunatly a lot of movies lack all the right information at IMDb website. In the example of the first movie, there is only the following rating information available:

Happythankyoumoreplease (2010) - Parents Guide

I'm sure the same is valid for the other movies that went wrong. But if you sent the movie back to the importer and not refreshed the existing data, it should have simply shown no rating. I'll have to try those movies to make sure that happened, can you please provide me with all your global_option settings, so that I duplicate your setup for proper testing. Also the exact media filenames you used would help me.

The other solution is to sign up at imdb.com and provide the missing information for those movies, as it is afterall all supported via community efforts like that.

Also, in StreamedMP, when I was using the US certs, the rating came up next to the movie name, and using UK certs, it doesn't. Anyone know how to make the UK logo's appear where the US ones do in this case, or should this be a question for the skins forum?

That is indeed a skin issue that you will have to ask on the StreamedMP thread. I'm sure it is a small thing to solve, you can also hop on IRC freenode and join the #StreamedMP channel for a quicker back and forth solution. Or the #moving-pictures channel for that matter if you are looking for me or the plugin developers.

pauls89

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Thanks for your reply, I will probably sign up at imdb and contribute like you suggest, seems like a sensible idea ;)

But if you sent the movie back to the importer and not refreshed the existing data, it should have simply shown no rating.

A couple of them do show up as "Rating: N/A" whereas a couple keep their US certs.

I've attached a screenshots of my "global_option" settings and of the filenames of the movies in question. Also, IIRC, "PG" is a rating for both MPAA and BBFC, so I can't be sure if any of my PG rated movies are still picking up the MPAA rating... although now that I think about it, it doesn't really matter :oops:

That is indeed a skin issue that you will have to ask on the StreamedMP thread.

Thought it might be, I'll ask over there. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      108.3 KB
    • Capture2.PNG
      Capture2.PNG
      83.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I've attached a screenshots of my "global_option" settings and of the filenames of the movies in question.

If you expect me to help and have to type all that over again based on a screenshot, when you could have just copied and pasted the text in your reply to make it easy for me, then you will be very dissapointed in the result.

pauls89

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Apologies, was trying not to clutter up the post :oops:

Code:
    <!-- ### OPTIONS ### -->						<!--       TRUE		|         FALSE		-->
    			<set name="global_options_original_title" value="false" />	<!-- Original Title	| Always English Title	-->
    			<set name="global_options_foreign_title" value="true" />	<!-- English (Original)	| Main title only	-->
    			<set name="global_options_foreign_first" value="false" />	<!-- Original (English)	| English (Original)	-->
    			<set name="global_options_uk_rating" value="true" />		<!-- UK certification	| US certification	-->
    			<set name="global_options_imdb_score" value="false" />		<!-- Use IMDb.com	| RottenTomatoes.com	-->
    			<set name="global_options_imdb_metascore" value="false" />	<!-- Metacritics score	| Use IMDb if enabled	-->
    			<set name="global_options_long_summary" value="false" /> 	<!-- Long summary	| Short summary		-->
    			<set name="global_options_rotten_meter" value="false" /> 	<!-- TomatoMeter	| Audience		-->
    			<set name="global_options_rotten_average" value="false" />	<!-- Average value	| Percentage value	-->
    			<set name="global_options_rotten_top_critics" value="false" />	<!-- Top critics meter	| All critics meter	-->
    			<set name="global_options_special_edition" value="true" />	<!-- Modify title	| Keep title as-is	-->
    			<set name="global_options_rename_titles" value="true" />	<!-- Rename titles	| Keep title as-is	-->

Code:
    MOVIE - RATING - FILENAME

Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe - N/A - Burn.Notice.The.Fall.of.Sam.Axe.2011.HDTV.XviD-FQM.[VTV].avi

Buying the Cow - R - Buying.The.Cow.2002.DVDRip.XviD-ME.avi

Coming Soon - R - Coming Soon.avi

Foolproof - R - Foolproof.2003.WS.DVDRip.XviD-NEPTUNE.avi

Happythankyoumoreplease - R - sprinter-happythankyoumoreplease2010.avi

The Romantics - PG-13 - UsaBit.com_twiz-therom.avi

Smiley Face - R - Smiley Face.WS.2007.XviD.HHI.avi

Super - N/A - Super 2010 TVRiP XviD AbSurdiTy.avi

:sorry:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Apologies, was trying not to clutter up the post

No worries, I'll look at the problem later. In the future you can use the [ collapse ]... long post...[ /collapse ] method to condense a post, but it wasn't that much. And appologies if I came off rude, this darn heat is unbearable and I hate retyping when it is possible to copy and paste :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Ok, I imported all of the movies you listed with the same settings, and they all imported fine *without* any English rating.

This is the expected result, because the imdb.com pages on those movies lack the English rating (so it is still a good idea to sign up at imdb.com and help the community fix that problem).

So it still puzzles me why you get 'R' and 'PG-13' rating on some of those movies. The only thing I can come up with is that your database still contains an old reference to that info and it does not get cleared out properly. This can indeed happen when you refresh a movie, but sending it back to the importer should normally clear the old info out and rely on the new info, so not sure what is going on for you.

Try to move one of the files that has R/PG-13 rating outside of import path range, for example if you use "D:\Movies" as MovingPictures import path, then move one of the media files to "D:\" location while you have MovingPictures plugin open at the "Movie Manager" tab with the movie selected.

You will then see the movie dissapear inside MovPic config, as it is deleted from the database. Then switch to the "Movie Importer" tab and move the media file back to the regular location, and it should appear in the importer listing. Wait for it to be processed (checkmark inside green circle), verify the IMDb+ scraper was used if you have multiple scrapers active, and then switch back to the "Movie Manager" tab, to see if the rating is blank as it should be.

If that still doesn't work, then I think you need to delete your db3 database and start over, as you will then have some sort of weird database corruption going on.

pauls89

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Thanks, RoChess,

I did as you suggested and the movies in question still import with the US ratings. As it so happens I'm going to need to do a full re-install of windows anyway so once I reinstall MP (not looking forward to setting it up again! lol) then that should take care of the problem? Silver lining for having to format a hard drive I guess :(

Just as a side note, for anyone who's interested: "Happythankyoumoreplease", "Coming Soon", "The Romantics", "Super" and the Burn Notice movie don't have UK ratings, according to the BBFC website. I'll update IMDB for the others though.

:D

-Paul

pauls89

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Ok, now I'm completely confused. After a complete wipe of the hard drive and a re-install of windows, mediaportal and streamedmp. Before I imported any movies I changed the scraper in moving pictures to this one, same settings as above, and now all of my movies import with the US certificates!

I've ran it twice now :(

Any ideas?

-Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom