IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.7 (1 Viewer)

Should this be the default imdb scraper?

• Yes, I do not want to re-import

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No, keep this one seperate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares, I got movies to watch

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.5

Ok, now I'm completely confused. After a complete wipe of the hard drive and a re-install of windows, mediaportal and streamedmp. Before I imported any movies I changed the scraper in moving pictures to this one, same settings as above, and now all of my movies import with the US certificates!

I've ran it twice now :(

Any ideas?

-Paul

The obvious cause is that you did not edit the XML file global settings *before* you imported the IMDb+ scraper, or you forgot to put it at the highest priority.

In worst case, imdb.com is messing with their HTML code and giving you a different result from the UK then what I get testing UK-rating in the US. The only way to solve that would be for you to provide me with scraper-debug enabled (little green bug icon active) log files on a single movie import that fails, so that I can see exactly what is going wrong.

Odds are though that it is one of the obvious causes, because otherwise I would have heared from other UK-rating users as well. Since you already imported the scraper with US-rating settings, you have to switch to scraper-debug mode, otherwise it does not accept the same version+date. You can of course solve that by also editing the version and date, into for example v3.1.51 and todays date. It is not a bad idea to do that anyway, as a reminder that you are using custom global options.

pauls89

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.5

Thanks for the quick reply. Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% certain I've done something wrong on my side. You're probably right, I think I may have changed the global settings after I imported the scraper. So I've deleted the movingpicture.db3 database file, disabled the other scrapers, deleted the IMDB+ one and re-imported it, and I'm doing another import of my movies. Hopefully this'll do it, and it looks like it will be because it's taking a good while longer than usual!

:D

pauls89

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

It did :) and, as an added bonus, I figured out how to get the BBFC logos on the movie details page - simply had to rename the files to "12A.png", "18.png" etc... silly me!

While I'm here, I think I may have read it on this thread but is it possible to change only the "sort by" field rather than the title field? So, for example, the Harry Potter series will appear in moving pictures as "Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone" etc but still be sorted in order rather than alphabetically? I tried changing the title field in the manage movies tab but this changed the sort order also :(

-Paul

Attachments

• screenie.JPG
      screenie.JPG
      147.9 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

It did :) and, as an added bonus, I figured out how to get the BBFC logos on the movie details page - simply had to rename the files to "12A.png", "18.png" etc... silly me!

While I'm here, I think I may have read it on this thread but is it possible to change only the "sort by" field rather than the title field? So, for example, the Harry Potter series will appear in moving pictures as "Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone" etc but still be sorted in order rather than alphabetically? I tried changing the title field in the manage movies tab but this changed the sort order also :(

-Paul

Congrats on fixing things, and yes most skins rely on images to exist that match the fieldname from a record, in this case the value of the certifications. You can bring it up with your skin developers that they can add those files by default.

Yes, you have to enable the rename system, and then in the rename XML dbase file you can adjust how movies are imported (rather renamed after import has been done). It works based on the IMDb tt-id, and you can rename the title, the sortby field or both. The default action is to the only rename the title, which then relies on the article remove system to obtain the sortby name. By specifying the sortby value as well you can overrule the sortby. Also you can ommit the title rename and use the official IMDb title.

So in your case, regarding first Harry Potter movie, you get the following combinations:

Existing rename value = <rename id="tt0241527" title="Harry Potter I: Sorcerer's Stone" />
    Change both title and sortby = <rename id="tt0241527" title="Harry Potter I: Philosopher's Stone" sortby="Harry Potter 1" />
    Change only sortby and rely on imdb.com title = <rename id="tt0241527" sortby="Harry Potter 1" />

Just make sure that any changes made to the XML file for the rename system are proper XML syntax. For example the '&' character inside a title, has to be written down as &amp; to prevent failure. Use the XML syntax checker link given inside the file to make sure.

You can just refresh a movie inside config to have the new edits take effect, no need to start over :)

pauls89

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Great, thanks! I managed to find your previous post in this thread about changing the "sort by" using the rename database xml. I just did a search and replace for "title" with "sortby", keeping the official IMDB title but still sorting in the right order, at least in this case. When I add my James Bond films I think I'll probably change both so it makes some sense!

You've been a great help, RoChess, and thanks again for a great scraper!! :D

-Paul

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

New rename database version v0.8 available, with 798 entries.

Many more Roman numeral entries added, as well as some corrections for bad titles, and a few sortby adjustments. Went through most of my own collection this time to add any missing ones, but thanks to zicoz and Scythe42 for providing me with their lists as well to save me from typing :D

The filetype is also UTF-8 again, so that special characters work. Not sure what happened there, but on a previous version it got uploaded as ANSI which caused some chars to become little blocks inside MovingPictures.

Remember this is a template file, this is how I personally prefer all my own movies to be renamed, but you might have a different preference. This is why the rename system is disabled by default, but if you are using a custom list and wish to add these new changes, then simply merge the differences. Great free application you can use for this is WinMerge @ WinMerge.

Enjoy.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.6

Independence Day update (without the Aliens) :D

Fixed imdb.com rating for the users who have "global_options_imdb_score" set to 'true'. Also added "(Alternate Ending)" to the special editions system and improved English title detection.

And if you enjoy this scraper you can click on the 'Thanks!' button on the first post.

Now I'm off for some Bar-Be-Que and fireworks, Happy 4th everybody.

Y2Stu

July 5, 2011
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.6

i cant seam to figure out how to work the Auto-Rename titles. Nothing seams to be renamed at all.

Ive edited "IMDb+ v3.1.6" and ive set "true" to the options of <set name="global_options_special_edition" value="true" /> and <set name="global_options_rename_titles" value="true" />.

Ive also placed the "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper" in the root of c:\ and edited that to add some more films that i had, that wasnt in the list.

my films are renamed with the {film title} {(imdb number)} e.g. 2 Fast 2 Furious (tt0322259)

Ive enabled the IMDb+ v3.1.6 as the only "movie details data source" and then continued to add the films and let it fill in the details etc...

But nothing is sorted and auto renamed, i have film triliogies all over the place, am i doing something wrong? or does this file not actually rename the files just fools the program into thinking thats how there are renamed?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.6

Is this also usable with ofdb or german.imdb.com?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3

i cant seam to figure out how to work the Auto-Rename titles. Nothing seams to be renamed at all.

Ive edited "IMDb+ v3.1.6" and ive set "true" to the options of <set name="global_options_special_edition" value="true" /> and <set name="global_options_rename_titles" value="true" />.

Ive also placed the "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper" in the root of c:\ and edited that to add some more films that i had, that wasnt in the list.

Did you edit those options *BEFORE* you imported the scraper? MovingPictures 'copies' the XML file into its database, so any changes made to the XML file after import are not used. This is simple to solve, adjust the version point part into "61" for v3.1.6 and adjust the date to be 1 day newer. This will allow you to reimport the scraper with any changes made, or you can switch to scraper debug mode, but the adjustment is easier. Using v3.1.61 is also an easy reminder that you are using custom options, incase there is an update to the scraper, because until MovingPictures gets enhanced to support scraper options, you have to unfortunatly keep re-adjusting the default settings.

The special editions part only works if the IMDb tt-ID part is available during the search-node part of the scraper, meaning you have to make it part of the filename, or use simple NFO system.

Example: I Am Legend (Alternate Ending) (tt0480249) [2007].avi

Will be imported as "I Am Legend (Alternate Ending)"

It works for:

• 3D
    • 3D Edition
    • Extended
    • Extended Edition
    • Unrated
    • Unrated Edition
    • Director's Cut
    • Director's Cut Edition
    • Alternate Ending
    • Alternate Ending Edition

The above text has to be enclosed in '(..)', '{..}', or '[..]' as well.

It's a little convoluted, but it was the only way to make it work for me, as I didn't like having to open MovPic config each time.

The rename system doesn't require the IMDb tt-ID before hand (though it doesn't hurt to use it as it guarantees correct auto-approval), as it is based on the IMDb tt-ID obtained after a movie has been found. That is why you see the IMDb tt-ID inside the rename XML database file along with the new title. The special editions are done after this and appended to any title used, so it works together.

Special Editions = New import or Sent back to importer, as the filename is important, so search-node has to be done.
    Rename titles = New import or Refresh, so you can edit the XML file for an existing movie that you want to group or rename and refresh from within GUI. Be aware that there is an existing issue for MovPic and that is that the title rename is instant, but the new sort order requires you to close MovPic and re-open it. This also goes for the config screen, but is only needed for when you rename an existing movie. New movies will be sorted correctly from the start.

Is this also usable with ofdb or german.imdb.com?

Yes, but you would have to modify this scraper then. This will be a lot of work, because there is a lot of code all designed for the 'English' title detection and this would have to be all rewritten into German then. As for the rename system and special editions, those can almost be copied and pasted into the German scrapers you are using now, but it's still work and I'm not going to take up that task. :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom