IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.7 (1 Viewer)

Should this be the default imdb scraper?

• Yes, I do not want to re-import

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No, keep this one seperate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares, I got movies to watch

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mat123

Portal Pro
February 28, 2009
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Re: IMDb+ Scraper (short/long summary, imdb/RT score, US/UK rating, and more)

The 3.0.6 version works perfect :)
I tested it on Let me in, Die Hard, Book of Eli, Monsters vs Aliens and got proper English titles.

:D

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Is there a way to exclude one or more nationalities from this script?

Kinda like this:

If

movie nationality = Norwegian use norwegian title

else

use US title

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Is there a way to exclude one or more nationalities from this script?
    Kinda like this: If movie nationality = Norwegian use norwegian title else use US title

That should be controllable by the global_option_original_title setting, change that to "true" and you should be getting Norwegian titles on Norwegian made movies.

So open the XML file in notepad, goto line 38, and change the line to "true".

The problem is that because you already imported the script, re-importing it with the same version number and date will not work unless you are in scraper-debug mode. To enable scraper-debug mode, do the following:

From the same "Movie Details Data Sources" screen that you added the new scraper from use the gear icon to select the following option:

FAQ.MovingPictures.1e_Scraper.Enable.Debug.Mode.png

This will activate the scraper debug mode, which you can verify via:
    FAQ.MovingPictures.1f_Scraper.Debug.Enabled.png

Then re-add this IMDb+ Scraper script with your new modified global_options_... settings and you will get a new message stating that because you are in debug mode, the script changes have been accepted eventhough no changes were made to the version/date. Once added, you can then disable the scraper-debug mode by reversing the steps you did to enable it. You can keep it enabled, but be aware that your movingpictures.log file will become HUGE!

Be aware that this original title setting is for all movies with an original title. So Norwegian made films will be shown in their original title, but so do Swedish, Asian, etc. So "Let the Right One In (2008)" will then show up as "Låt den rätte komma in (2008)".

If you are asking for a different way, then please eleborate a bit more, and I will then more then likely need HTML source codes from your results from imdb.com (as they are different then what I get).

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Small edit: Did a quick test with global = true, and it mostly works, but then there are some movies that pull a "norwegianized" name. Like "Backelor Party Vegas turns into "Vegas, Baby".

------------------------------------

Thank you for the quick reply, really glad you're creating this script.

Yeah, I think you posted that sollution earlier in the thread, but I figgured that changed all the titles, and you just confirmed that for me.

What I'm actually looking to do is a little bit different, and probably harder to implement.

Let's say I have 5 movies,

One is a norwegian Movie called "Villdyr". In the US this is called "The Wild".
    One is a swedish movie called "Låt den ätte komma in". In the US this is called "Let the Right One in".
    One is asian called "Siu nin Wong Fei Hung ji: Tit Ma Lau". In the US this is called "Iron Monkey".
    Then there are two US movies "Godfather I" and "Godfather II". In Norway these are called "Gudfaren I" and "Gudfaren II".

I live in Norway so here we use norwegian titles for Norwegian movies.

And since Norway is so close to Sweden and Denmark both geograpically and language wise we normally use swedish titles on swedish movies, and danish titles on danish movies.

For movies from the rest of the world we normally use US titles (with some exeptions but that's not important here)

So what I'm looking to do is to have the 5 movies in my DB as

"Villdyr"
    "Låt den ätte komma in"
    "Iron Monkey"
    "Godfather I"
    "Godfather II"

So let's say I want the original title for movies that are made in Norway, Sweden and Denmark, for the rest of the movies I want the US title.

So I add these countries to a "checklist".

So the script would work something like this:

First check what country the movie is made in.

If the movie is made in a country on the checklist (Norway, Sweden or Denmark) it gets the original title.

If the movie is made in some other country it gets the US title.

But like I said earlier, this is probably alot more work and harder to set up, maybe we'll even have to use two different scripts, first a higher priority one that imports all Norwegian, Swedish and Danish titles, and then run the IMDB+ script the way it is now afterward. I really don't know how this works.

But there aren't that many great movies made in these countries each year so I could simply manually rename them in the DB aswell.

Hope this made sense.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

So what I'm looking to do is to have the 5 movies in my DB as

"Villdyr"
    "Låt den ätte komma in"
    "Iron Monkey"
    "Godfather I"
    "Godfather II"

Anything is possible, and it might not be much work actually to add another global_option, to make this work. But you will have to help me obtain the raw HTML source code (from the AKAS imdb website) on those Norwegian, Swedish and Danish movie productions then.

For example: Låt den rätte komma in (2008) - IMDb

Paste the HTML code as-is into paste2.org and provide me the links to those.

The problem I already forsee though, is that "The Wild (2006)" is an American made movie, not Norwegian. Since it is a movie targetted for kids, it is redubbed in most foreign countries with a large enough market. But imdb.com only keeps track of the original version, the dubbed title versions are stored as AKA title, but there is no indication that this is a dubbed version. That means that any American production movie with a translated title would look the same as a dubbed movie with Norwegian title and no way for me to figure out the difference between those two.

So the only solution I have is to expand on the existing script method and that is to look at the languages used in the movie. For example on "Låt den rätte komma in (2008)"

Language: Swedish | Spanish (only a few words)​

It is that first language that I use to determine where a movie is made, and if that language is not English it is a foreign production, so then I know that the title is not in English. At that moment I use the AKA page to locate the English title.

It would be easy to exclude Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish movie productions from that list, so that you would keep their original title. However since you are in Norway imdb.com shows the website totally different to you, so I can't rely on my results to make it work correctly for you. So you need to help me with some of those HTML sources the way you see them via the paste2.org website (just a few different ones should do).

And just for giggles, give me the following HTML sources as well:

The Wild (2006) - IMDb
    The Wild (2006) - Release dates

Because maybe imdb.com does show somewhere in code that this is a dubbed movie, so that I can still use the Norwegian title on those as well.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Ok, thanks I'll paste2 a couple of movies for you.

And also, sorry for the mistake I was mixing Villmark with Villdyr so that example might not be correct so you can dissregard "Villdyr"/"The Wild", I just pulled a name I remembered from my last import and made a mistake. I think I made a note in my brain saying that "The Wild" in im import should have been "Villdyr" but after doing another check I can see that I don't even have "Villdyr" in my collection. :p

Let's use "Død Snø" = "Dead Snow" instead. That should be better.

Død Snø (Norwegian movie):
    Død snø (2009) - IMDb
    Paste2: Next Generation Pastebin - Viewing Paste 1274385
    akas: Paste2: Next Generation Pastebin - Viewing Paste 1274411

Blinkende Lygter (Danish movie):
    Blinkende lygter (2000) - IMDb
    Paste2: Next Generation Pastebin - Viewing Paste 1274387
    akas: Paste2: Next Generation Pastebin - Viewing Paste 1274414

Tsatsiki - Vänner för alltid (Swedish movie):
    Tsatsiki² - Freunde für immer (2001) - IMDb
    Paste2: Next Generation Pastebin - Viewing Paste 1274400
    akas: Paste2: Next Generation Pastebin - Viewing Paste 1274416

Is this info good or did I get the wrong info? Do you need more data to work with?

Using the language seems to me like a great way to sort these movies out.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

What I'm actually looking to do is a little bit different, and probably harder to implement.

All done, please download v3.0.7 from first post.

In your case, edit the scraper *BEDORE* you import and edit the following:

<set name="global_options_language_filter" value="en" />​

into:

<set name="global_options_language_filter" value="en|no|sv|da" />​

This will then use the original title not only on English spoken movies, but also on Norwegian (no), Swedish (sv) and Danish (da) spoken movies.

Let me know how it works, I imported your example movie as "Død Snø (2009).avi" and with default values it imported as "Dead Snow", and with the changes made as "Død Snø". So it should work, but I can only test from my side, so hopefully it works on your end as well.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Thank you once again.

Just started an import now, and so far it looks great. The only movies I've had problems with so far are the ones where there are multiple languages, and IMDB has listed the wrong one first. Like "Lange Flate Ballær" where they speak Norwegian, English and German, but IMDB have them listed as German, Norwegian, English. But on those movies I'm sending an edit request to IMDB.

edit:

I see that under details there is a data tag called "country", could this be used or does it crate some other problem?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Just started an import now, and so far it looks great. The only movies I've had problems with so far are the ones where there are multiple languages, and IMDB has listed the wrong one first. Like "Lange Flate Ballær" where they speak Norwegian, English and German, but IMDB have them listed as German, Norwegian, English. But on those movies I'm sending an edit request to IMDB.

Cool, glad to see it works.

And yes, my scraper relies on the info at imdb.com being correct, but I see you already took steps to fix it.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

OK, imported about 2k movies now, and it works great. Like I said earlier, the only errors I get are due to errors in IMDBs database. Is there anywhere I can make a donation or something else as a thank you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom