IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.7 (1 Viewer)

Should this be the default imdb scraper?

• Yes, I do not want to re-import

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No, keep this one seperate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares, I got movies to watch

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
Re: IMDb+ Scraper (short/long summary, imdb/RT score, US/UK rating, and more)

Hmmm looks like I have a small glitch. The new scraper (3.0.7) seems to be ignoring the remove articles filter... at least for "The". All my "The xxxxx" movies have been sorted into the "T" area. A friend of mine is not seeing this behavior with 3.0.6.

This was after I forced a refresh (not sending back to importer). He was firing up a completely clean database (full import) so not the same circumstances.

Can someone else test this to see if they have the same behavior?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Hmmm looks like I have a small glitch. The new scraper (3.0.7) seems to be ignoring the remove articles filter... at least for "The". All my "The xxxxx" movies have been sorted into the "T" area. A friend of mine is not seeing this behavior with 3.0.6.

Since it is possible to have "Black Book" import as "Zwartboek", it was important to have the SortyBy field match the title. I totally forgot that this could then in effect disable the article remove system, which it obviously does. Will have to look into this better, in the meantime, simply remove the 2 lines that have movie.sortby in them.

The first entry is for English spoken movies, and the second entry is for foreign-language spoken movies. So you could simply remove the first one only, that way if you import any movies that get their title translated into English they will be sorted properly under the English title.

Forcing the SortBy field was introduced in v3.0.5, so weird that your friend with v3.0.6 is not seeing the same behaviour.

But I will look into a better solution.

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008

Thanks again RoChess, as always doing a great job.

ozn

Portal Member
    June 4, 2008

Great Work RoChess,I tried yesterday with a bout 150 asian movies and all movies were import with international tittle in a really good way.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Thanks again RoChess, as always doing a great job.

Thank you, I try :)

Solved the SortBy title method, so please grab v3.0.8 from first post and test. I did a small test with "Kinpeibai (1969).avi" filename and it got imported as "The Concubines", with a desired SortBy field of "concubines the".

TO EVERYBODY:

I need some help in deciding what to do about a side-effect of the forced English title on non-English movies. The side-effect being that when a non-English movie gets imported there is a title switch between search-node and details-node.

It is easier explained via an example. So if you have MovingPictures configuration screen open, at the "Movie Importer" tab, and you would import "Chin Gei Bin.avi", then it will be found as "Chin Gei Bin". If you import the same movie as "Vampire Effect.avi", then it is found as "Chin Gei Bin (as "Vampire Effect")".

So far so good, however since this scraper forces English titles, we get the following result once those imports get approved. "Chin Gei Bin.avi" becomes "Vampire Effect" and "Vampire Effect.avi" becomes "Vampire Effect (as "Vampire Effect")", where the title found during the search node gets overwritten by the forced English title from the details node.

For some this might be an undesired side-effect and I tried to fix this by making adjustments to the way the search-node works. This resulted in a massive increase in the total time required to import movies, as in 3-5x longer then what v3.0.8 currently takes to complete on an average mix of English and non-English movie title imports.

This behaviour is only visible inside the "Movie Importer" tab, which I personally never need anymore (unless testing scraper changes), because all my filenames contain the IMDb tt-ID in them for an easy auto-approve import. However this scraper is meant for others as well, so let me hear your thoughts. Hopefully I explained it good via the examples, otherwise keep the "Movie Importer" tab open while you import some movies, so you can see for yourself what happens.

Then please reply to this thread with how you prefer it should work.

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

edit: forget it. i'm having the same problem with the default scraper too.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

TO EVERYBODY:

I need some help in deciding what to do about a side-effect of the forced English title on non-English movies. The side-effect being that when a non-English movie gets imported there is a title switch between search-node and details-node.

It is easier explained via an example. So if you have MovingPictures configuration screen open, at the "Movie Importer" tab, and you would import "Chin Gei Bin.avi", then it will be found as "Chin Gei Bin". If you import the same movie as "Vampire Effect.avi", then it is found as "Chin Gei Bin (as "Vampire Effect")".

So far so good, however since this scraper forces English titles, we get the following result once those imports get approved. "Chin Gei Bin.avi" becomes "Vampire Effect" and "Vampire Effect.avi" becomes "Vampire Effect (as "Vampire Effect")", where the title found during the search node gets overwritten by the forced English title from the details node.

For some this might be an undesired side-effect and I tried to fix this by making adjustments to the way the search-node works. This resulted in a massive increase in the total time required to import movies, as in 3-5x longer then what v3.0.8 currently takes to complete on an average mix of English and non-English movie title imports.

This behaviour is only visible inside the "Movie Importer" tab, which I personally never need anymore (unless testing scraper changes), because all my filenames contain the IMDb tt-ID in them for an easy auto-approve import. However this scraper is meant for others as well, so let me hear your thoughts. Hopefully I explained it good via the examples, otherwise keep the "Movie Importer" tab open while you import some movies, so you can see for yourself what happens.

Then please reply to this thread with how you prefer it should work.

I guess everybody is fine with the way the scraper works, so I'm not going to worry about it then. It does look like this is one of the main reasons this scraper will never replace the default one, and focus by the team is put towards themoviedb scraper instead. For my own collection themoviedb just does not come close to imdb, so I will always keep this scraper version alive then.

We could use more people to 'star' the google code issue #319 then usage of this scraper and all the options will be a lot easier and not require notepad anymore before adding.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

^^ done :)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Well it works great for me, I do get that "as ..." on some titles, but it's not really an issue, speed isn't something I really care about either though.

319 is now starred.

pirivan

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2008

Starred on google code; thanks again for the scraper RoChess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom