[solved] IMDB script broken again (1 Viewer)

mathem

Portal Pro
May 20, 2018
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

pleae, how is it with the IMDB support for Mediaportal 1? Is it completely gone? It wasn't working many months recently, now maybe again for many months. MP 2 is stil years from MP1 usability/features/ergonomics so it would be nice to keep IMDB script working for MP1 (the best Media Center in the world). The "update scripts" is really not much useful in MP1 (and this update should be automatic anyway). Now the plot gives "uknown". I would help you if I could but I'm just an experienced user nothing more, unfortunately :)

Thank you for the help

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As IMDB is pure commercial (it's an Amazon merchandising website) and has no support for other languages than English it is not supported in any way in MP2. And it most likely never will. IMBD no longer is "state of the art" for HTPC movie info. it's a dinosaur that lost it's former leading position long time ago... Only relic of those times are the "tt numbers" used nearly everywhere. Maybe the plots are empty because there is no plot in your language on IMDB (there are none if your language is not English).

mathem

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know, understand and agree in some way but I cannot imagine a true real media center without movie info. Without movie info fully integrated a media center product cannot be named as "media center". So what should all the users do without movie info true support? Hope the "solution" is not to use any plugin. MP1 movie list is perfectly clean and ergonomic while with many useful features unlike MP2.

Of course there are plots, I use English of course, it's simply again "broken" script because of some tiny change within IMDB coding again.

Can we ask for the fix?

Thank you

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    but I cannot imagine a true real media center without movie info.
    I also can not imagine this. Not supporting IMDB did NOT mean no movie infos. The opposite is the case, it means better movie info... There are lots of other, better sources available for movie info than IMDB. Example, TheMovieDB. This site has movie (and series) info in many languages, not only in English. Aside this it delivers lots of fanart too. All this is not available on IMDB. And it is not commercial, it's community driven so the pure number of movies and series listed is growing rapidly. In meantime I have some series that are not even listed on TVDB but are available on TheMovieDB.

MP2 has build-in support for many online and local metadata sources. only IMDB is not supported for the told reasons... MP2 supports ootb TheMovieDB for both, movies and series, Fanart.tv for all, Movies, Series and Music, TVDB for Series, TVMaze for Series, TheAudioDB for music, MusicBrainz for music and for everything (movies, series and music) there also is a full support for locally available data (.nfo files, metatags for music, series and movies) and locally stored fanart...

Things are changing over time. Something that was good yesterday must not be good today (but still can be good of course)...

As I'm no longer using MP1 since some years now I can not tell exactly which online sources are supported ootb in MP1... But I'm pretty sure there is more than IMDB available. IIRR there are more than one source available even when I last time used MP1 with online lookup. It's long ago as normally I only use local metadata and fanart in MP Kodi, Plex and Emby so no errors and hickups can happen during import and I only need to take care about the metadata one time (when adding the media into my library) but can use them in any HTPC software any time without the need to grab data over and over again..

mathem

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Agree, it is very sad MP1 is still superior in features and ergonomics over MP2 so I still cannot use MP2 but I cannot set TMDB in English as default in MP1.

So how to import TMDB script in English and make it default? I see TMDB just in my language which is absolutely not sufficient.

And all the outdated and not working scripts should be removed too (basically all the IMDB scripts).

Thank you

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    What are you using for movies in MP1? MyVideos? Moving Pictures? Moving Pictures has advanced imdb grabber called IMDB+ developed by @RoChess.
    I'm not sure what's the state of MyVideos grabbers but I believe @ajs could be the last who looked into myvideos changes.

mathem

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know that, but I dont want Moving Pictures, it's not useful for me....not much ergonomic for my huge movie collection, using just MyVideos.

But OK, I'll try again.

... so Moving Pictures absolutely does not offer a folder view, totally useless for my huge ig collection..... and even broken, does show nothing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom