iMon Pad Remote configuration (1 Viewer)

gusangora

Portal Pro
January 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
I use a Pronto remote with iMon on the HTPC. Everything works well however the cursor keys (up,down,left,right) will only ever register a single movement (ie no repeat). Do others have the cursor keys operating the same as a keyboard? That is, hold the key down and then scroll?
Steve

Edit:
Nevermind - seems it is an issue with the Pronto and the learnt code. The original iMon remote scrolls fine.
Steve

suntrip

January 31, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Guys,

Do any of you find that with the iMon pad the left and right function is very sensitive? ie when browsing up and down a list in mediaportal its very easy to accidentally press left or right and therefore select the wrong part of the screen and move off the list you were scrolling down?

Is there anyway to change the sensitivity of the up/down/left/right pad function?

Cheers,
Colin

To desensitive the direction pad you need to open your remote and make a slightly bigger hole in the pad for the joystick, works perfect for me.

Best,
Tony

Having the same troubles. Glad and sad at the same time that it isn't just me. I am considering going back to my Hauppauge remote which works just like a charm and right out of the box thanks to the built in support in MP. The mouse/keyboard switch on the RM200 is kinda nice though even though I have a keyboard/mouse handy at all times.

Only thing I'm missing on the Hauppauge remote is to be able to use the power button to shutdown the computer, but I haven't looked that much at configuration of it yet so maybe it can actually do it (I'm using an Antec Remote Fusion case).

Will also try the tip above for making the RM200 less sensitive :)

Secret

December 8, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have a Silverstone LC16M with IMON but i can't get my remote to work in mediaportal. The remote works without problems in win, but when i enter Mediaportal the remote stop working and i have to turn off the power to the computer, to have the remote come active again.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a Silverstone LC16M with IMON but i can't get my remote to work in mediaportal. The remote works without problems in win, but when i enter Mediaportal the remote stop working and i have to turn off the power to the computer, to have the remote come active again.

Have you configured the imon remote in the imon software to be used with Mediaportal? You need to tell the imon software what remote commands to use in certain software. See earlier post for the .imo file if you don't want to configure it yourself.

Cheers,
Colin

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My remote works just fine in MP.

But the problem is I just installed the My Keys plugin (as advised in this thread in order to get the 'My ...' buttons working), but it doesn't work. When I enter the plugin it says 'Nothing to configure'.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
My remote works just fine in MP.

But the problem is I just installed the My Keys plugin (as advised in this thread in order to get the 'My ...' buttons working), but it doesn't work. When I enter the plugin it says 'Nothing to configure'.

You don't need to configure the plugin as the mapped keys are fixed to the default ones. You do need to configure the imon remote software to map the coloured keys to the keyboard key specified in my keys plugin.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
sleepy: I did that, I checked everything between the iMon manager and the MyKeys plugin, and they all match.

And something just for the record: How come there are people with such big problems getting the iMon remote to work? All I had to do was download the iMon manager, import the Mediaportal.imo file and it worked straight away!

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
@sleepy: I did that, I checked everything between the iMon manager and the MyKeys plugin, and they all match.

And something just for the record: How come there are people with such big problems getting the iMon remote to work? All I had to do was download the iMon manager, import the Mediaportal.imo file and it worked straight away!

Me too. I had no problems at all. I'm not sure why your "my keys" doesn't work though, very strange.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This thread has my .imo file for mediaportal as well as instructions, the thread is quite old.
    MediaPortal - Setup guide for Silverstone LC16M Case | iMon Remote Setup, iMon VFD Setup, iMon Front Button Hack

Here is the setup i use
    ipad.jpg

I also since remapped the App Launch button to launch mediaportal, that way if MP looses focus you can use AppLaunch button to restore focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom