iMon Pad Remote configuration | Page 7

Discussion in 'General Support' started by onetoomany, July 7, 2005.

1. gusangora

gusangora Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    I use a Pronto remote with iMon on the HTPC. Everything works well however the cursor keys (up,down,left,right) will only ever register a single movement (ie no repeat). Do others have the cursor keys operating the same as a keyboard? That is, hold the key down and then scroll?
    Steve

Edit:
    Nevermind - seems it is an issue with the Pronto and the learnt code. The original iMon remote scrolls fine.
    Steve

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. suntrip

suntrip New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark

Having the same troubles. Glad and sad at the same time that it isn't just me. I am considering going back to my Hauppauge remote which works just like a charm and right out of the box thanks to the built in support in MP. The mouse/keyboard switch on the RM200 is kinda nice though even though I have a keyboard/mouse handy at all times.

Only thing I'm missing on the Hauppauge remote is to be able to use the power button to shutdown the computer, but I haven't looked that much at configuration of it yet so maybe it can actually do it (I'm using an Antec Remote Fusion case).

Will also try the tip above for making the RM200 less sensitive :)

4. Secret

Secret New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    I have a Silverstone LC16M with IMON but i can't get my remote to work in mediaportal. The remote works without problems in win, but when i enter Mediaportal the remote stop working and i have to turn off the power to the computer, to have the remote come active again.

5. sleepycol

sleepycol Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +33 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you configured the imon remote in the imon software to be used with Mediaportal? You need to tell the imon software what remote commands to use in certain software. See earlier post for the .imo file if you don't want to configure it yourself.

Cheers,
    Colin

6. Zinu

Zinu Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My remote works just fine in MP.

But the problem is I just installed the My Keys plugin (as advised in this thread in order to get the 'My ...' buttons working), but it doesn't work. When I enter the plugin it says 'Nothing to configure'.

7. sleepycol

sleepycol Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +33 / 1
    Home Country:
    You don't need to configure the plugin as the mapped keys are fixed to the default ones. You do need to configure the imon remote software to map the coloured keys to the keyboard key specified in my keys plugin.

8. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    fontaine
    Could you please descrive the process of opening the remote and doing what?... a little bit more detailed? thanks! :)

9. Zinu

Zinu Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    sleepy: I did that, I checked everything between the iMon manager and the MyKeys plugin, and they all match.

And something just for the record: How come there are people with such big problems getting the iMon remote to work? All I had to do was download the iMon manager, import the Mediaportal.imo file and it worked straight away!

10. sleepycol

sleepycol Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +33 / 1
    Home Country:
    Me too. I had no problems at all. I'm not sure why your "my keys" doesn't work though, very strange.

11. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!