iMon Pad Remote configuration (2 Viewers)

tacitus2k

April 22, 2007
Hi!

I did all the thinks you mentioned to install the imon .imo file. Most of them works fine.
What I can´t use is the "backspace"- button to get back to the previous screen in the mediaportal.
can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot! :D

Tacitus

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Do any of you find that with the iMon pad the left and right function is very sensitive? ie when browsing up and down a list in mediaportal its very easy to accidentally press left or right and therefore select the wrong part of the screen and move off the list you were scrolling down?

Is there anyway to change the sensitivity of the up/down/left/right pad function?

Cheers,
Colin

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Pino,

Not a bad idea, but obviously not ideal. Its a shame that there is no way to de-sensitise the pad when in keyboard mode. For example introduce a delay in recognising left and right arrow presses or something. Is ther another better remote that would work with this system?

Cheers,

Colin

pino72

Portal Member
May 5, 2006
Got a "new" problem here...hmmm? anyone?

Hi there,

I also set up MP in iMon to get all the relevant keys working on my imon remote from the grandia gd01-mxr silverstone case. this works great, i even got the my video, my music etc. keys working with the keyboard input plugin (mykeys doesn't work).

BUT, when i want to play hd-dvd with external powerdvd player it crashes as soon as i press ANY button on the remote, using the mouse or keyboard everything works fine...so I deleted the MP configuration completely from iMon and voila´ i can control powerdvd again with the remote when launched from MP as external player.

Any suggestions why the external programs crash when using the mapping in iMon for MP? Same thing ocurs with MPClassic...crash.

Thanks

Hi Pino,

Not a bad idea, but obviously not ideal. Its a shame that there is no way to de-sensitise the pad when in keyboard mode. For example introduce a delay in recognising left and right arrow presses or something. Is ther another better remote that would work with this system?

Cheers,

Colin

Hmm....I got slight problems with the DOWN direction...it's more like DOWNRIGHT that I have to press....quite annoying. So me too I'm looking for an alternative...do any of the logitech harmony remotes work fine with iMon as a MCE remote? Any user reports in here?

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    do any of the logitech harmony remotes work fine with iMon as a MCE remote? Any user reports in here?

I configured one Antec to work with an MCE remote, worked much better than the iMon Pad. A Harmony can emulate an MCE Remote, it should work!

I hate my iMon pad - very inaccurate and slow response times in MP. As reportd from others...

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Guys,

Do any of you find that with the iMon pad the left and right function is very sensitive? ie when browsing up and down a list in mediaportal its very easy to accidentally press left or right and therefore select the wrong part of the screen and move off the list you were scrolling down?

Is there anyway to change the sensitivity of the up/down/left/right pad function?

Cheers,
    Colin
    Unfortunately the problem is the hardware design of the directional pad itself. I think it's because they made it so sensitive so that it could easily be used in mouse mode (which it does quite well IMO).

What I find even more annoying is during video watching when it makes a Big Step (Up or Down) instead of a Step (Left or Right), that's so irritating.

I tried going back to my Harmony but it has much less buttons so in some situations the iMON pad is more easy to use, except for the directional pad driving me crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom