iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    great job, Stéphane :)
    I also installed it on MP 1.7.1 and works fine (with iMon LCD)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi! I have also updated to 1.7.1, installed the new libraries but it doesn't work...with the previous ones yes! I have an iMON VFD...

In practice, if I click the Test button, the VFD becomes black and after a while it returns to display the time (according to the settings of the iMON Manager). With the previous libraries, instead, the Test text appears on the VFD...

Please tell me how I can help you!

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Did you copy the ProcessPlugins.dll in the right folder? Just search for it in your install folder.
    It should be in \Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process
    All the other DLLs are going in \Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm running this beta version since yesterday morning and watched soccer lastnight and played some music and the display worked fine all the time. Good job!

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Did you copy the ProcessPlugins.dll in the right folder? Just search for it in your install folder.
    It should be in \Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process
    All the other DLLs are going in \Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

My fault! I was copying all the four files in the MediaPortal folder...not knowing about the folder called process! Now everything is working perfectly! Thanks!

Some additional questions on my side:

- It is possible to have the VFD turned off authomatically when playing movies?
    - Is there also a way to have a button configured on the keyboard to turn it on and off manually when I want?
    - Is there a way to customize time format displayed? Now I have on the first line "MadiaPortal" and on the second "12:43" (for example)...how to diplay the current day/date on the first line and hours:minutes:seconds on the second one?
    - Any possiblity to customize labels? When I browse the main menu (using Titan skin) I see "Home semplificata" on the first line, while on the second the menu name (e.g. Music, Movies, Plugins, etc.)...Can I change the first line in some way?

Cheers and thanks again for your great and excellent work!!!!!

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    - Any possiblity to customize labels? When I browse the main menu (using Titan skin) I see "Home semplificata" on the first line, while on the second the menu name (e.g. Music, Movies, Plugins, etc.)...Can I change the first line in some way?

for this I changed the MP string ID=100035 "Home semplificata" --> "Home" (\language\strings_**.xml)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

for this I changed the MP string ID=100035 "Home semplificata" --> "Home" (\language\strings_**.xml)

Grazie! ;)

Stéphane, another question to be added that just raised in my mind making some verifications. I'm actually using StreamedMP and I have defined the menus FILM and CARTOONS using MovingPictures filtering. So, when I enter in FILM I can only see the movies and when entering in CARTOONS I see only the cartoons list. On the VFD, in the first line is dieplayed FILM for both cases while on the second line the title of the movie/cartoons is correctly displayed...any idea on how to display the right menu name?

Last edited:

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Another improvement:

I use the Xtreme skin, where the captions of the menu items (in BasicHome) are not directly the texts, but SkinSettings property type (example: "#skin.CustomMenu.Items.Item1.Caption").
    The display shows the name of the property instead of the value (example: "MOVIES"), could somehow change?

thank you

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Stéphane and All!

Just to notify that I'm actually experiencing the music going at the double speed when the EQ is activated and using WASAPI...I saw something similar few posts ago, but I didn't understand how to proceed and I don't know if it is an issue that can be solved in the dll(s) of the MiniDisplay you are providing...Happy to help you with some tests that can help to find a solution! Just let me know!

Have a nice weekend guys!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom