Import from MyFilms? (1 Viewer)

Dewey

Portal Member
November 14, 2007
Thanks RoChess, This does seem like it would be a hell of a lot easier. I've read up a little in the forum the Regex but can't find an official walk through or documentation - where would you put the expression? MovPic Adv Settings -> Sample Filter, Regular Expression Filter?? Currently mine says sample, I switched it out with the code text (yours and mine) and it didn't appear to do anything.

Given my limited exposure to these expressions I don't fully grasp the one you provided but I did build a simple one below which I thought might do the trick, tested it with a site fforde mentioned in another post: http://regexr.com//v1/ and it seems to work at stripping out all text before the '\'

Code: ((^.*\\)[-]?.*?)

Its still unclear to me on the link between this expression and assigning the values in the scraper to title, alt_title & collections fields.

Thanks again for your help,
Dwight

Dewey

Portal Member
November 14, 2007
Update:
I spent the day looking at this and kept getting nowhere :(
I downloaded the IMDB+ scraper that you mentioned, and created (y), and on the tests I did it seemed to basically rename everything correctly removing the '\' and providing boxset details...winner! Very cool scraper, given my failed attempts at understanding the edges of this world I'm very impressed by what you've coded!

Since this is a once off transfer for me I don't see the point in spending more time troubleshooting this when I should be able to get it transferred with minimal effort via your scraper. I will take the plunge and migrate all my movies next weekend when I have more time, I'll also shoot you a donation as well as you've saved me a lot of headache here and I will most likely keep using your scraper.

Appreciate all your help!
D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Dewey, thank you, and indeed IMDb+ has racked up a ton of hours to develop, but as with many open-source projects it started out as something I wanted myself, and then ended up sharing with others.

It consists out of two parts, the IMDb+ scraper-script, and the IMDb+ MPEI plugin. Once I started adding configurable options for the scraper-script, the IMDb+ plugin was born with a lot of help from developer on MP-TVSeries/Trakt/etc. The plugin also adds the benefit of auto-updating the IMDb+ scraper-script. Making changes to that one is easy to do for me, and last time I updated it was earlier this month -- http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/source/browse/trunk/Scraper/IMDb%2B.Scraper.SVN.xml

Movie series, and boxsets are pretty much handled semi-automatic, based on a large rename database that I maintain (and you can overrule/add entries with a local custom one), available at: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/source/browse/trunk/Rename+dBase+IMDb%2B+Scraper.xml

The plugin needs a lot of updating, but I can never find the time for a full rewrite. Was so much easier to work on it when I did not have this big project for work. Since IMDb+ still works for myself -- and majority of users, with a few small workarounds in some cases -- it keeps ending up on the bottom of my priority based ToDo list.

One of these days though :)

Dewey

Portal Member
    November 14, 2007
    [SOLVED] A final update to anyone coming across this thread;

I transitioned my DB from MyFilms to MovPic this weekend - and it worked more straight forward than I was hoping, 2,000+ films ported without any major issues - winning! :)

Steps:
    1. Load the AMC.xml (provided by wamps,), turning off all other scrapers. (MovPics Importer setting, Data Sources, Manual)
    2. Add movie watch folders to the MovPic importer (I would suggest testing/debugging on a small folder first)
    3. Switch back to automatic Data Sources with standard scrapers enabled again
    [Optional] If like me you have lots of boxsets and at least want some decent look from MovPic (Which can't handle subfolder style boxsets like MyFilms)
    4. Install RoChess' IMDB+ Scraper
    5. Load MediaPortal, Plugins, IMDB+; Go to additional settings (left click hidden menu) and choose Force IMDB+, this will change the source of all the imported movies from AMC to IMDB+
    6. Select Refresh Movies and go grab a coffee as depending on DB size it could take a while

Job Done!

RoChess, thanks again for your help in debugging this. Great Scraper!

D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Dewey, thanks for the summary. Another stark reminder I also need to seriously update the wiki guides :whistle:

They are kind of dated (still references v3.3.3) -- http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/InstallPlugin#What_to_do_for_an_existing_collection

Made another reminder in my Outlook calendar that when I help somebody with their MediaPortal setup, to save all the screenshots from a fresh installation that are needed to update the wiki. I kept delaying it as I knew updating the IMDb+ plugin would radically change a lot of images, but that will me stuck between a rock and a hard place too long.

Users who are viewing this thread