Importer ignores "wild" episodes (no named folder) (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just tried putting "Chuck.S03E01.Chuck Versus the Pink Slip.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-LP.mkv" into my root import folder which is defined as \\nas\tv. This appears to get picked up fine.

What is your import path defined as? Is it a root directory or a folder on a drive? Mine is a folder on a network drive but it would be the same as a local drive e.g. C:\TV.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just ran a test on a clean database:

Import Path = \\NAS\Recordings
    File = \\NAS\Recordings\The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p.mkv

All good.

Can you run a similar test with a clean DB and confirm if it works?

Attachments

• ImportPath.jpg
      ImportPath.jpg
      183.2 KB
    • Parsing.jpg
      Parsing.jpg
      160.4 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did an import with a clean database (removed the latest db3 from the database folder) and still am not getting wild files imported. Attached logs and database. The file that was skipped is called "Suits.S05E12.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv"

Emph

Attachments

• TVSeriesDatabase4.db3(rename from .zip).zip
      728 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I do remember users complaining about import issues before, and it turned out it was their NAS acting up with permissions. Maybe your shared folder has different permissions at root level for files, then it does inside subfolders?

If you make a subfolder "TV" at root level, and then try:

\\emphaticnas\Serier\TV\The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p.mkv versus \\emphaticnas\Serier\TV\The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p\The.Flash.2014.S02E12.720p.mkv

That would quickly verify if that is the case.

To me though it looks like the only active parsing expression is the "show-folder\season-episode-filename" one, and not the "show-season-episode-filename" one that should be primary by default. You should be able to see what parsing expression was used to do the match when it "works" to verify that.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I do remember users complaining about import issues before, and it turned out it was their NAS acting up with permissions. Maybe your shared folder has different permissions at root level for files, then it does inside subfolders?

Would I really be able to edit and move files to and from the root folder of a shared folder from the client computers using Windows/Mac if that was the case? Also, I've yet not seen this problem in Moving Pictures, that picks up files without an extra directory layer before root, and the shared folders for Movies is setup the same way as shows.

Looking at my NAS permission settings for my shared folders, especially the one with TV-shows in, there are no special rules or permissions active. I can see options to add stuff like that, but it's just not being used.

Thanks!
    Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I solve a lot of problems with the Sherlock Holmes approach of eliminating all other possibilities. If you are sure that it is not a contributing factor by running a quick test to confirm, then I'll step out and hope somebody else can figure it out for ya.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You were right, making a TV directory ( \\emphaticnas\Serier\tv\ ) makes the importer pick up even loose episodes inside it. It also works for stuff inside yet another directory.

I wonder though how this has changed on my NAS, as I have no recollection of ever changing anything.
    Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    At least we can now exclude MP-TVSeries more as being the problem, and you can focus on what the NAS is doing that makes root files special, but not when it is a folder. Could be as easy as chmod/chown properties on the root folder, or some other setting.

Of course for MP-TVSeries it does not matter, and you could make that "TV" folder in the root the new location for MP-TVSeries.

I guess that could be another test, if you make "\\emphaticnas\Serier\tv\" the MP-TVSeries import path and see if you can then recreate the problem with files in the root of "TV" subfolder to see if that brings back the issue again.

In that case I would say there is something wrong with the way MP-TVSeries handles import folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom