Improvement suggestions (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the MP1 version we have a grouping already implemented. There are 3 possibilities: Disable grouping, manually define groups of sites or auto group by language.
    This adds another "hierarchy" on top of sites - I can add this to the MP2 version of OV as well.
    Only problem back when I did MP2 OV was figuring out how to tell MP2 that the starting workflow state is either "sites" or "groups" depending on a configuration setting. There are user whoe do not use many site and wanted to have no groups as it adds an additional navigation step every time you enter OV.
    As I expalined above the better and easier solution would be just to add "Filter" to the menu, which allows filtering for language, ...

Can you agree with that and add update the plugin?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi currently on vacation, so not much time until next week.
    Thinking about it, i'd still say "Filter" is not really useful compared to "Grouping", because the only thing we can filter by is the language of the site? (Which makes it an obvious candidate for grouping)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi currently on vacation, so not much time until next week.
    Thinking about it, i'd still say "Filter" is not really useful compared to "Grouping", because the only thing we can filter by is the language of the site? (Which makes it an obvious candidate for grouping)
    Do you mean with grouping another navigation level? I understood it like that. If you mean grouping within the same screen it's better, but also not ideal, because you might need to scroll to the right language.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I meant another level, just like it is now in MP1 where by default you get the "languages screen".
    The user can configure not to use that screen and will directly get the "all sites screen".
    If you tink the list of sites is too long - it shouldn't be - as usually a user would choose the sites he uses and delete all others.
    And I can't imagine the default user to ever use more than 50 sites?
    Sure, us devs (including you here as well), we have the whole list to quickly see if a site works.
    If there were more options to filter by, I'd be with you for a "filter" menu entry.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I meant another level, just like it is now in MP1 where by default you get the "languages screen".
    The user can configure not to use that screen and will directly get the "all sites screen".
    If you tink the list of sites is too long - it shouldn't be - as usually a user would choose the sites he uses and delete all others.
    And I can't imagine the default user to ever use more than 50 sites?
    Sure, us devs (including you here as well), we have the whole list to quickly see if a site works.
    If there were more options to filter by, I'd be with you for a "filter" menu entry.
    If you can skip the language site it's also ok. How is the status of your idea?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, not much time lately, but working on the automatic groups by language as in MP1.
    I already added the new screen, only need to figure out how to move from home to either the new groups or sites state.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone Any news on this? I saw some commits, but not sure if finished. Would be great to have it ready for the next main release.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually yes, all committed to OV master :)
    I added the extra groups view (by site languages) and made it configurable for the user if he wants to use the groups (new action instead of the old static push navigation).

But I think current OV master will not directly work with the MP2 branches that have the MIA rework. I've seen a commit by @morpheus_xx in another branch that would add the rquired changes.
    I guess you need those for testing ?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually yes, all committed to OV master :)
    I added the extra groups view (by site languages) and made it configurable for the user if he wants to use the groups (new action instead of the old static push navigation).

But I think current OV master will not directly work with the MP2 branches that have the MIA rework. I've seen a commit by @morpheus_xx in another branch that would add the rquired changes.
    I guess you need those for testing ?
    Exactly. It's for testing on the one hand and for fine tuning of the WMC skin files on the other hand.
    But great to see it's basically done (y)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone
    Just wanted to report, that the with laguage settings optimized OV version for MP2 is working well with the MIA rework.
    Currently I'm finalizing the WMC skin files for this. Could you tell me a page, where details.xaml is used.
    I was navigating to bunches of pages, but the deepest level was always videos.xaml. To skin the details sceen, I'd need an example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom