[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

with UNC Path, it is still the same. In addition, there is now also occasionally to pixelation in the lower part of the image. Because of pixelation I used no UNC paths before. On the server itself everything runs correctly. All recordings are intact.

Can you try setting the registry key "BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader, to 200 and see if that helps.

Also please set the registry key "EnableBufferLogging" to 1 - this will add more logging which will help me to see better what is happening.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have everything set up as indicated. Unfortunately, it is still sporadic short stuttering and pixelation when using UNC paths. The pixelation occur independently but on the stutterers.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have everything set up as indicated. Unfortunately, it is still sporadic short stuttering and pixelation when using UNC paths. The pixelation occur independently but on the stutterers.

From the TsReader log, you are getting continuity errors (which would cause the stuttering and pixelation etc.) when using UNC paths.

I actually think you have some networking performance problems - what sort of network do you have ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, isn't the problem more likely to be from the server itself (eg. signal quality, HDD load etc.) rather than the network?
    Reliable network protocols guarantee that all packets will arrive at the client in transmission order and without error. SMB runs on top of TCP, which is a reliable protocol. Therefore I don't understand how the network link could have introduced the continuity errors.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a gigabit network with appropriate switches. My client and server are connected to the same switch. For data transfers to the server or the server everything is running at maximum speed. On the server itself actually everything runs smoothly. The signal quality is very good and the Timeshift memory runs on a RAM disc. Discontinuity errors are not counted in the MP server. TV recordings are produced error free.

The server is located in my basement and there is only one network cable goes without branching. Report all computers Gigabit connection. I do not know where I should look for as an error.

I use just not a UNC path, then run everything without the pixelation, there are only the stutterer with the new TSReader ago. Then I use the old test version of the TSReader runs almost everything to 100%.

Server and client are on the same hardware base. Only the processor in the server is somewhat slower, but charged at no time is 100%. Not even 30% of it is busy. Also, the network is not even close to capacity. I honestly do not currently know where to look for a fault.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    On the server itself actually everything runs smoothly. The signal quality is very good and the Timeshift memory runs on a RAM disc. Discontinuity errors are not counted in the MP server. TV recordings are produced error free.
    I believe you, but is this with the UNC configuration... or is it with RTSP?

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At the moment my client runs for the test with UNC paths and in the living room via RTSP. The living room is going well, my client with the disorders. At the same time.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    At the moment my client runs for the test with UNC paths and in the living room via RTSP. The living room is going well, my client with the disorders. At the same time.

Can you change the test Client back to RTSP and post some logs for that configuration please ? (with the extra TsReader logging still enabled).

Is the new TsReader (v4.1.0.2) better or worse than the standard MP 1.11 version ?

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new TSReader is neither better nor worse. It occurred just as often on the stutterer as the official version in MP1.11. I can at least see any change.

The logs in the annex are now with RTSP setting. Now there is no more pixelation, just continue the stutterer.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The new TSReader is neither better nor worse. It occurred just as often on the stutterer as the official version in MP1.11. I can at least see any change.

The logs in the annex are now with RTSP setting. Now there is no more pixelation, just continue the stutterer.

It looks like TsReader isn't getting the RTSP data quickly enough sometimes, or it's not a very smooth stream (so no audio arrives for a while).

Can you try increasing the "BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds" registry value to 1000 - this will slow channel changes by 1s, but will mean more data is buffered in the player.

Using RTSP, do the problems happen when playing recordings as well or just with live TV ?

Using UNC paths, do the problems happen when playing recordings ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom