[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried it once with the buffer to 1000ms. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. Ichhabe sometimes a recording played. There is the same. In the logs are the last 45 minutes, the playback of the recording.

In addition to all the tests I'll make myself today the network cable and see if it brings something. However, the problem occurs just it on only when you break the data rate. Is it stable high, I can watch a whole movie or a series result without problem. Then comes the end of the credits, and any signs, and there are real dropouts and stills.

The recording I watched via RTSP. I test it again by UNC.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have now done my planned reconstruction and the network cables indulged a cable duct. I also have a TV recording with UNC paths, as desired played. It worked without problems. Unfortunately, I have to test the TV recording of the first test is no longer with RTSP, so I had a newer. The log files I hang nevertheless times with the message may be seen anyway what.

I now first again all clients with the TSReader version "NoStopMod70" provided so again smoothly TV can be seen.

Are there already any findings that indicate a solution to the problem? Right now would be the ideal TSReader from the source code of the old development version NoStopMod70 with the extensions for the OSD display in the live TV for me. :)

Thank you for the effort that you make yourselves. Your since the greatest. :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've looked at all your log files etc. but I've no idea why you get get the pauses (when most users do not). I haven't given up trying to work out what might be happening, but I don't have any ideas at the moment....

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    no idea why you get get the pauses (when most users do not).
    Hi, apologies for stepping in but I have a question. When you say "pauses" what do you actually mean?

The reason I am asking is that on my own setup I am experiencing a strange phenomenon: Here and there Live TV is pausing for a short period (sometimes just a second, other times 5-7 seconds) and then continues without losses of audio and picture. It's really like somebody having hit Pause. I didn't find the time yet to collect meaningful logs and open a separate thread. However, if the problem here is the same I may as well post here.

Last edited:

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm ... perhaps Is it the combination with Intel graphics cards? Both clients have identical hardware (ASUS H97M-E board) with the same i3. Is there special settings on the network card, which I have overlooked? Or maybe on Windows 8.1 itself? Both systems are newly installed and without contamination. On my client is still MP2 client for testing installed the service on the server but is currently disabled.

I will test with my client even with Windows 10, perhaps the behavior changed so because during live TV.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On my client is still MP2 client for testing
    This is good! You might try the TsReader from this thread inside MP2 as well. Just place it under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\VideoPlayers\TsReader.ax" (backup old one before!). No registering is required, MP2 loads DirectShow filters from file.
    Could you give it a try, please? I'm curious about the results.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I once tried to start MP2 with the TSReader from the threat, but it crashes as soon as I run Live TV. I only briefly the TV picture, then there an error. With the original TSReader runs MP2, but with the same problems as with MP1 with the original TSReader. The static image content, the lower the data rate, the stronger and longer the stutterer.

I hope it will be understood by Google English. :)

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have installed just for 2-3 hours to Kodi test as a client and watched live TV. It works perfectly, without a single fault. Kodi comes as an alternative but not in question, since the control is absolutely impossible by remote control.

I know this now does not help directly in troubleshooting the MP client, but it confirmed my observations on the Mac, where it has never caused problems when playing live TV.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Palm_Maniac - can you try the attached TsReader please (v4.1.0.4, for MP 1.11 and later only) - it has various changes to the UNC and RTSP code.

It's working fine on my server-client test setup using partly WiFi networking with both RTSP and UNC paths.

Attachments

• TsReader_v4_1_0_4_for_MP_1.11.zip
      182.6 KB

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Thank you in advance for the effort.

I have the new TSReader now 2 days in both client via RTSP in use. My conclusion so far: Wow !!! This version behaves with me exactly the same as the old development version "NoStopMod70". It gets even better. On the second client, a soundcard is responsible for sound output. At this 5.1 system from Logitech is connected. Whenever is changed in intervals of 5.1 to 2.0 and vice versa, there were several stutterers. These are almost gone !!!! So I would have not expected. I'm excited. :)

Next, I then test everything with UNC paths. At last there is light on the horizon. :) Great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom