[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

First I want to apologize that it took so long until I'll get a status report. In the course of troubleshooting and prepare for Windows 10, I wanted to install my server. When I was almost finished already, my system has adopted hard drive and I had to start over again.

Now for the test with the new TSReader version. I have the Reader installed on both client and both set to UNC paths. After a long Sunday with Formula One and Soccer, and this afternoon I can now draw a conclusion.

For the first time there is the UNC function in MP and MP I use, I could find no faults more. Occur at least on my clients not Discontinuity errors more. :) Now running MP with UNC paths with me as well as with RTSP. :D Great. :D I hope it stays that way. ;)

Nevertheless, I have again current logs attached today with, if is still something occurred.

Many, many thanks for the great help. Owlroost, you're the best. :)

I also hope that I have not quite as extreme raped the English language. Google is to blame. ;)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    In testing ...

You think you can see, why i have few time an black screen, when i try to start TV watching after an resume ?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    In testing ...

You think you can see, why i have few time an black screen, when i try to start TV watching after an resume ?

Was the LiveTV on when the PC went to standby?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    it's LiveTV, but this morning none issue, at least, on use, not see the logs.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    it's LiveTV, but this morning none issue, at least, on use, not see the logs.

Try to turn off the LiveTV before standby. Sometime there is no enough time to stop the player during the suspend and it may cause issues.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

after almost 2 weeks with the new TSReader in both client problems are now yet emerged, or no better disappeared. The pixelation are gone, but there is now more sporadic short stills, which are between 0.5 and 2 seconds. Meanwhile, the picture and sound stop and go after more. As more the second client is looked, I once attached from this the log files. It was attributed to longer freeze.

The difference of the second client to my being the sound. In the second the sound through the on-board sound card is issued, in my over HDMI. All the problems have been encountered in this second client on reinforced, especially when changing from, for example, 5.1 audio to 2.0 and vice versa. Unfortunately, the still images still occur almost always at such audio switch on, but also sporadically in the middle of a TV program.

I hope we get this last problem still somehow under control.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Palm_Maniac - can you reproduce the problem and attach both the client and server logs please ? (I need to see what is happening at the server when the pauses happen at the client)

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Owlsroost,

It took a few days, but I have the logs together at last. I hope to see even one or the other "bolt", to which one can turn. :) In the server logs now I could detect no error right away. They are quite clear. If you need more, let me know.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Palm_Maniac - thanks for the logs.

I don't really know why you are having these problems (when most users don't), but please try the attached TsReader - TsReader_v4_1_0_7_for_MP_1.11 - on the client, and TsWriter - TsWriter_randomAccess_v3.1.31.0_for_MP_1.11 - on the server (to install, you need to stop TVservice, make a backup copy of the original TsWriter in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server, copy in the new TsWriter and restart TVservice).

Main change in the TsWriter is that it sets FILE_FLAG_RANDOM_ACCESS on all the timeshift buffer files when it creates them - maybe doing that is necessary for a Win8 server + Win8 client situation. (I can only test a Win8 + Win7 situation, I don't have two Win8 PCs).

Attachments

• TsReader_v4_1_0_7_for_MP_1.11.zip
      183.1 KB
    • TsWriter_randomAccess_v3.1.31.0_for_MP_1.11.zip
      130.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom