Inputdevice Manager for MP2 (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds good. What about the clear button in the last column. The current butten is not working. I only left it so you could see how to use it.
    Ah, right. I realized it's not working yet at the moment. I also wanted to add a "back" button and place both in the bottom next to each other.
    I'm also thinking to animate the countdown timer, when a key was pressed.

Important is to have some tester with "special remotes" etc. to see everything is also functionally fine.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I also wanted to add a "back" button and place both in the bottom next to each other.
    The command called by the clear button currently only works if a row is selected, so it would not work when placed at the bottom.

EDIT: What is the back button for? Is it not the same as escape?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The command called by the clear button currently only works if a row is selected, so it would not work when placed at the bottom.
    How can we call it then? In the dialoge it also won't work, because the key press to navigate to the clear button would be already recognized as mapping.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    How can we call it then?
    You mean a button (mapped to it's own command) in a column number 4 (after image, name and key mapping) would trigger the same command as the other columns?
    I was thinking like the reimport button in the share overview screen. Is that not possible?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You mean a button (mapped to it's own command) in a column number 4 (after image, name and key mapping) would trigger the same command as the other columns?
    I was thinking like the reimport button in the share overview screen. Is that not possible?
    That should be possible, there would be many clear buttons though ;)
    I'm just not sure, if it can be handled with the current styles. Because every entry has already a button style. So there would be another button in a button and focus handling would be an issue. In the share overview the entries can not be focused, so the reimport button is the only one. I'll check, if we have another example I can refer to.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    That should be possible, there would be many clear buttons though
    Not if they are only visible if there is a mapping. Unless you map all, but that would be a pretty big remote. ;)
    I'm just not sure, if it can be handled with the current styles.
    Ok. If we need changes in the model, just say so.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    I need your advice. There is a list of keys with their mapping in a button style. See here and herehttps://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ult/screens/ConfigScreenScreenMapping.inc#L15
    When the button is selected the mapping can be changed. To clear the existing mapping a clear button should be shown when "KeyMap" is not empty.
    I added a button behind the above button and there are two problems.
    • The clear button is always visible. I tried with ReferenceToBoolConverter and EmptyStringtpFalseConverter referring to "KeyMap". See here.
    • The clear button does only execute a clear command, when a list entry has focus. But once the clear button has focus, the list entry lost focus
    Any idea how to solve it? A radio button would be not so nice, so perhaps there is something better

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Guys when you're ready with this can you merge this branch to a temporary WIP2.2 for me to test it, or eventually give me the patch files to change on my WIP? I'm currently using build 199.
    I can't test it separately because the computer where I use this with FLIRC is my main server. Flirc is an IR to Keyboard emulator so I use the inputmanager shortcuts every day on my living room computer. I think that would be a good test target.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    I need your advice. There is a list of keys with their mapping in a button style. See here and here
    When the button is selected the mapping can be changed. To clear the existing mapping a clear button should be shown when "KeyMap" is not empty.
    I added a button behind the above button and there are two problems.
    • The clear button is always visible. I tried with ReferenceToBoolConverter and EmptyStringtpFalseConverter referring to "KeyMap". See here.
    • The clear button does only execute a clear command, when a list entry has focus. But once the clear button has focus, the list entry lost focus
    Any idea how to solve it? A radio button would be not so nice, so perhaps there is something better
    @Brownard,
    Could you take a look and have an idea? I could not find a comparable style in MP2 and might need a model change.
    Something that came to my mind. It could be also a list of 3 columns.
    • First column contains radio buttons with the key names and mapped keys
    • Second column contains a "change/add mapping" button (only visible, if the radio button is selected)
    • 3rd column contains a "clear mapping" button
    Before going in this direction would be good to know, if there is an more elegant solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom