Inputdevice Manager for MP2 (1 Viewer)

Alberto83

Portal Pro
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
@henso I can confirm it works as intended now. I'm gonna keep using the plugin in production so I can test it better, but I reloaded MePo 4 times, kept switching between accounts and it seems working great now. :)

Alberto83

Portal Pro
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
For me it's a YES.

This is a little off topic but still regards the input device manager in some aspects. Do you both think it's possibile in a future revision to replace the default keyboard input mappings with a complete customizable inputdevice manager mapping, and just leave essential bindings like arrows and enter for basic selection? This would make MePo fully customizable. Is it too much work?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We should also enable it for release builds and not leave it as optional plugin.
    The configuration of input devices is an essential core part and should not be optional .

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This would make MePo fully customizable. Is it too much work?
    Is this not possible now? If you use one of the default keys and assign it to a different action it should not do the default action anymore IIRC. So basically you should be able to "reassign" all default key to different actions, making it fully customizable?

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have no idea, tbh.
    What I know is if I use shift+u or any letter to bind a command, on movies and TV series it takes you to the first show that start with that letter, and I assumed assigning a new binding was a secondary input what didn't overwrite the original one.

Tomorrow I'm gonna test that specific scenario.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom