[solved] Install help. Failed with log (1 Viewer)

desmond

Portal Pro
August 21, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So i want to give mediaportal 2 a try but i have a failure during installation. Here is my log. What have a done wrong. Thanks des.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Do you get an error message in the installer program or does it just say it installed successfully but nothing happens.

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    I very quickly get an installation failed message. I can click on details and I get a log which is the same as what I posted. Thanks des.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is a file called MP2-Setup-Logging.bat
    Right click on it and tell it to run under the Admin account.
    If it fails again, please post the logs

MP2-Setup.log
    MP2-Setup_000_MainPackage.log

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok when I tried running as admin the batch file flashes up quickly then disappears and the setup does not start. When I double click it normally I get the same fault as the first time. So it says "setup failed 0x80070001 - Incorrect function"

It fails just after the installer displays Doken library bundle. Thanks

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok so I edited the batch file with a pause command at the end so I could read what was wrong. Its saying
    "

MP2-Setup.exe started.
    Logging to MP2-Setup.log...
    'MP2-Setup.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Press any key to continue . . .

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Where did you get MP2 from? Let's make sure you have the latest version. Also are you running a virus scanner? I have Avast which checks inside the install archive, which in turn causes the install to fail

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok was able to run the batch file as an admin by moving it to a different folder and then changing the directory to the same place at the command prompt. Windows didn't have it In the patch so couldn't find the file seems to be the fault. Response is the same with a failure in the same place once the installer runs.

Here is another log.

I did have an old version of mediaportal installed on this machine, but its now uninstalled if that matters??

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    I am running AVAST! So I disabled it for 1 hour and have the same fault. I downloaded mediaportal from here MediaPortal 2.1 Pre2 Release - MEDIAPORTAL I will try another download with a different browser just in case. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread