Install older version also (1 Viewer)

switchcore

Portal Member
August 7, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is it possible to install an older version of mediaportal with leaving the current one intact?
For testing purpose.

I have tried but i only get a new folder which is empty.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can not run 2 copies of mp at the same time, but you can backup the following directories (copy or rename them):
    C:\ProgramFiles\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal and TvServer and
    C:\ProgramData\Team mediaPortal\MediaPortal and TvServer

You might have a risc in destroying your TvDazabase, so pleas backup that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, went from a 1.29 install (working, reinstalled for other reasons) on a fairly fresh and fully updated Windows 10 system for a complete wipe (full MP cleanup through uninstaller) to 1.34 and had the SQL test fail (se attached dump) during TV server installation. Skipped and had the installation finish but of course had the same...
    Hi, went from a 1.29 install (working, reinstalled for other reasons) on a fairly fresh and fully updated Windows 10 system for a...
    Hi, went from a 1.29 install (working, reinstalled for other reasons) on a fairly fresh and fully updated Windows 10 system for a...
    Replies
    Views
    Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added: symbolRateMultiplier
    Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added...
    Hi I have a TV server 1.12 on a dedicated box, utilizing 2 DVB-C cards and newcs. I want to keep that installation. However one of...
    Replies
    Views
    I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with Win11 installed. I downloaded and tried installing Mediaportal 1. I chose single click standard installation with no TV. It started working on things and I wasn't paying terribly close attention, but...
    I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with...
    I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with...
    Replies
    Views
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing process and only very rarely have I needed to use the manual procedure posted by @CyberSimian to overcome the error you ran into. I also believe there is a procedure to repair the MySQL install in the event...
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing...
    I am trying to install Mediaportal with TV Server. I tried many versions, including current x64 and new prerelease x86, and...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 No TV Service DE
    Looking at recent activity on the web site, it has been 4 weeks since any of the MP2 developers have been active. They may be taking a short (or an extended) break. For this reason I would suggest that you uninstall MP2 and re-install MP1. The 1.33 version is recommended (in either the 32-bit or 64-bit version). Also, it is pretty...
    Looking at recent activity on the web site, it has been 4 weeks since any of the MP2 developers have been active. They may be...
    Hi, I've recently installed Media Portal 2, having first removed an older version of MP1, but am having issues with live TV. It...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom