[solved] Installation failing (1 Viewer)

TonyR63

Portal Pro
December 1, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I might try tomorrow or when I get some more time to remove the Divic Fusion Software and drivers and retest a MP2 installation in case there are port or other conflicts.
As it is currently you can watch live tv using the Divico software and it can see all tuners. Windows can see both tuner cards as well however windows media centre does not find any channels when you do a scan but it can see both tuner cards.At least I know the tuners are working and the antenna signal is very good. Dont need the Divico software for anything so better to remove it.

Else I might install Linux and MythTv [again!] bit it will not see my Fusion Express PCI4 twin tuner as there is no driver so I would be down to a single tuner Fusion DVB T-Plus with Myth.
Also Linux does not like my usb wireless adapter - earlier version run fine with it but like Linux often upgrading leaves with with less functionality rather than more.
I used MythTv for years but go fed up with having to upgrade LTR only to find my hardware would stop working - Display resolution issues - (mode file reconfiguration hell), sound cards failing (no sound) wireless adapters (D-Link DWA-131 Nano) not working etc. You would think once hardware support was in the kernel it would be carried forward but I found this was not the case. Also MythTv updates usually break your system too and you can only stay on a version for so long before you are forced to update.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the Application event log filtered on errors and the Media Server services event log.
    @aspik, what strikes me as odd is that the installer throws .Net 4.0 errors. Thought that meanwhile we were at a much higher level.

The other thing is
    MediaPortal 2 -- Error 1920. Service 'MediaPortal 2 Server Service' (MP2-Server) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
    The unspecified fioewall setup troubles of the installer should not impact the start of the service.

I have no clue of what is going on.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    @aspik, what strikes me as odd is that the installer throws .Net 4.0 errors
    No idea, sorry.

From the event log:
    Code:
    Log Name:      Application
    Source:        .NET Runtime
    Date:          8/11/2018 3:17:09 PM
    Event ID:      1026
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      user-PC
    Description:
    Application: MP2-Server.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: MediaPortal.Common.Exceptions.ServiceNotFoundException
       at MediaPortal.Common.ServiceRegistration.GetService(System.Type, Boolean)
       at MediaPortal.Common.ServiceRegistration.Get[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]()
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.TaskScheduler.TaskScheduler.StopWorker()
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.TaskScheduler.TaskScheduler.Finalize()
    and
    Code:
    Log Name:      Application
    Source:        .NET Runtime
    Date:          7/11/2018 6:20:17 PM
    Event ID:      1026
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      user-PC
    Description:
    Application: MP2-Server.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
       at TvService.TVController.HeartBeatMonitor()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    @morpheus_xx any idea about those exceptions?

I think, the reason for the failed MP2-server start ist that there is something wrong (it can't start?) with the TvService (TVE plugin).

I might try tomorrow or when I get some more time to remove the Divic Fusion Software and drivers and retest a MP2 installation in case there are port or other conflicts.
    This is a good idea, please try this.

TonyR63

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello

Here is the log file running the installation of MP2 after removing all the Divico Fusion software. What is left to stop the MP2 installation program from running because it failed again with the same error??

Attachments

• MP2-Setup_Minus Divico.txt
      10.5 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    What is left to stop the MP2 installation program from running
    Something is wrong with your .NET environment. "Error 0x80070643" is a common .NET error that happens mainly during Windows Updates while Windows Update tries to upgrade .NET components. But this also can appear when some .NET components should be upgraded or installed by other tools (like MP2 setup) as it is the case here. What exactly is causing this error is not that easy to say. Many things could causing this error.

A suggestion could be to uninstall .NET as far as possible without breaking your Windows installation and start installing MP2 (and/or .NET) from scratch.

TonyR63

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi

I'm a bit confused by your message. I installed .NET Framework 4.7.2 because I though the absence of this was causing my problems however some of the responses on this forum seemed to suggest that the MP2 setup program installed .NET itself.. Should I uninstall .NET 4.7.2 and then rerun MP2 setup?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've did a quick search for "Error 0x80070643" on the net. The result of this search was, something is wrong with the .NET installation, if this error occurs.

the MP2 setup program installed .NET itself
    Indeed it does. But only if necessary, means if it's missing on your system.

Sometimes those components are installed but not properly working. Then MP2 needs to "re- install" those components. This sometimes didn't work because the component is damaged in a way that it can not be "overwritten" by other tools. That's why I've suggested to un- install as much .NET as possible and start from scratch.

TonyR63

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi

Fixing or removing .NET made no difference doing restarts between each and capturing logs attached.

Attachments

• MP2-Setup_Post doc NET remove.txt
      11.6 KB
    • MP2-Setup_Post dot NET fix.txt
      22.5 KB

TonyR63

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi

One thing that might be an affecting factor is that I had the Windows 7 post update issue -
    The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access denied.”
    I fixed the issue following a process like this. - The Group Policy Client Service Failed The Logon in Windows

The error went away however perhaps the system is still not 100% and is affecting the MP2 setup program??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom