[solved] Installation failing (1 Viewer)

xGDI

Portal Member
March 13, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
please post your MP2-Server log.
Thanks for the quick answer, I just solved the problem. It seems I tried Media Portal 2 already 3 years ago and there were remaining old files under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\. After I deleted them the installer finished without any Problems.

TonyR63

Portal Pro
December 1, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello

So the windows remove software completely that reruns the installer does not completely remove the old installation?
The MP2 setup program does not look for a previously installation in Program Data folder and warn to remove it?
This is certainly a simple modification to the installation program that would make it a lot more robust.
I deleted this folder and the installation proceeded to completion so my installation error is resolved. My sincere thanks to everyone that assisted me, most appreciated.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    The MP2 setup program does not look for a previously installation in Program Data folder and warn to remove it?
    Currently the installer does not remove any data in the program data folder. We are working on a new improved installation procedure and the option to clean the program data folder is in our backlog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom