Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    This seems like great work, I haven't implemented it yet.

Does it mean the MPC-HC codec is now built in to MediaPortal or is it just a specific subtitles filter, that allows whichever DXVA compliant codec being used to continue using DXVA?

Should DirectVobSub be uninstalled?

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Maybe cpp2005 should provide the slider in the patch or maybe he should join the team... :D
    Good idea :)

Indeed, 500ms is too much for lip sync correction. Even blind persons see 0.5 second sync difference :) I would go down as far as 175 ms, or even 100 ms.
    I guess it need to be configurable (the problem with small interval that in case of big delay you need many key presses to get it).

mortstar said:
    is it just a specific subtitles filter, that allows whichever DXVA compliant codec being used to continue using DXVA?
    Exactly, you may uninstall DirectVobSub (but you don't have to).

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Could be be usefull install and configure the Deja VU fonts as MP default for the new awesome subtitles library
    (imho the serif version is the best choice for subtitles)

DejaVu it's the Open Office default fonts.

Main Page - DejaVu

Families.png

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed, 500ms is too much for lip sync correction. Even blind persons see 0.5 second sync difference :) I would go down as far as 175 ms, or even 100 ms.
    I guess it need to be configurable (the problem with small interval that in case of big delay you need many key presses to get it).

Maybe you could apply the same step mechanism as used in forward/backward skipping (15s, 30s, 1m, 5m,...)?!

Anyway, many many thanks for making this whole thing happen :D

Grtz Ron

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    I have tested the patch and it works fine. But... on some files the included subtitles will not be displayed with the same font like with Directvobsub. In some cases the fonts are so small I even can't read it. Other files I tested works fine though (uses the embedded fonts in the MKV correctly). It seems the subtitle engine from MPC is not as good as DirectVobSub?

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    cpp2005

With this new features MP need to disable postprocessing filter when a dxva filter is find out into the filtergraph?

Now if I've ffdshow in postprocessing filter (h.264 disable, raw video enabled). Can postprocessing filter be disabled on a dxva filtergraph?
    with a new option in the postprocessing tab ("disable all filter on dxva based filtergraph"). this option make be possibile to configure a postprocessing for other codec as xvid/dvix.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    @cpp2005

With this new features MP need to disable postprocessing filter when a dxva filter is find out into the filtergraph?

Now if I've ffdshow in postprocessing filter (h.264 disable, raw video enabled). Can postprocessing filter be disabled on a dxva filtergraph?
    with a new option in the postprocessing tab ("disable all filter on dxva based filtergraph"). this option make be possibile to configure a postprocessing for other codec as xvid/dvix.

A DXVA codec must be directly connectded to the renderer, if there is any codec connected between the video codec and the renderer (DirectVobSub, ffdshow PostProcessing) then DXVA will not apply.

On a seperate but related note: I have read that CoreCodec are developing CoreAVC to use CUDA on nVidia cards so that all supported videos playback with GPU acceleration (much better than DXVA!)

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Maybe you could apply the same step mechanism as used in forward/backward skipping (15s, 30s, 1m, 5m,...)?!
    A liitle bit overkill for this problem, but it will definitely solve it :)

mironicus said:
    It seems the subtitle engine from MPC is not as good as DirectVobSub?
    DirectVobSub is based on exactly the same code (it's part of MPC project). So they should have the same features/bugs ;) it is possible that I missed something, so if you can upload it somewhere, I will check. Just to make sure, did you select bigger font in mediaportal configuration?

red5goahead said:
    I understand that it can be usefull, however it is very difficult to know whether dxva is used. An alternative option could be "Don't use post processing for HD".

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    On a seperate but related note: I have read that CoreCodec are developing CoreAVC to use CUDA on nVidia cards so that all supported videos playback with GPU acceleration (much better than DXVA!)

A couple of issues with the CoreAVC solution:
    - No solution for ATI cards unless ATI implements support for CUDA
    - There's a reason CoreAVC is the best performing software decoder: it does so by compromising quality. On my 58" screen I can see a visible quality difference between CoreAVC (software) and MPC Video Decoder (DXVA).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom