Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (4 Viewers)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    On a seperate but related note: I have read that CoreCodec are developing CoreAVC to use CUDA on nVidia cards so that all supported videos playback with GPU acceleration (much better than DXVA!)

A couple of issues with the CoreAVC solution:
    - No solution for ATI cards unless ATI implements support for CUDA
    - There's a reason CoreAVC is the best performing software decoder: it does so by compromising quality. On my 58" screen I can see a visible quality difference between CoreAVC (software) and MPC Video Decoder (DXVA).

Agree on all points! I have an ATi card and I'll definitely be using DXVA capable codecs (MPC for Video, PowerDVD for LiveTV). And you're very right about CoreAVC not being the best for quality.

ATi should definitely open up their GPU for programmers or CUDA is going to leave them in the past. I can imagine the time when the MPC team start harnessing the power of CUDA as well the CoreCodec team.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    red5goahead said:
    With this new features MP need to disable postprocessing filter when a dxva filter is find out into the filtergraph?
    I understand that it can be usefull, however it is very difficult to know whether dxva is used. An alternative option could be "Don't use post processing for HD".

Testing the colour space on the renderer pin in? if NV12...

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Can't use the attached bins because Configuration.exe gives following error:

TvPlugin and MediaPortal don't have the same version.
    Please update the older component to the same version as the newer one.
    MpConfig Version:1.0.0.0
    TvPlugin Version: 1.0.0.21688

I had compiled SVN 21688 installed prior copying over the files. I also tested with 1.0 and there Configuration.exe just wouldn't start, it just crashed.

Edit->tried with other comp and yes, it works with SVN 21688 if TV-server is not installed.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Once this becomes an official feature in 1.0.2, the MP devs will have to consider making a slider available in the skins for setting the subtitle delay.

I thought it already was included

Attachments

• subskin.png
      subskin.png
      295.3 KB

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm curious, does this tranferred subtitle-engine include blu-ray PGS subtitles too?

MPC-HC had some support added for them few months ago. If so, next we need the ability to allow MediaPortal playback multiple files seamlessy with playlists and then add support for blu-ray playlists ;) There's already opensource code available for BD-playlist structure.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    risu said:
    I'm curious, does this tranferred subtitle-engine include blu-ray PGS subtitles too?
    According to sources, there is support for Hdmv subtitles which I think are coming from blu-ray. However, you need splitter that is able to deliver them. I'm not sure if MPC splitter is available as standalone filter...

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Once this becomes an official feature in 1.0.2, the MP devs will have to consider making a slider available in the skins for setting the subtitle delay.

Interesting, never noticed that.

cpp2005: can you somehow hook into that slider in the skin and get the delay value from there?

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Interesting, never noticed that.

cpp2005: can you somehow hook into that slider in the skin and get the delay value from there?

For me I have only noticed those controls when I use the internal player. If I press "I" on my remote or "Y" on the keyboard (IIRC) when in full screen video and then press it again, or look at the films synopsis at the bottom where you see the extra controls, you will find the subtitle options, which don't work. You also find many video options, one of them being a slider to delay the video, for me I just can't get that slider to move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom