Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Thanks for testing,
    anyone with the delay problem,
    can you check if the attached version fixes the problem (for svn 21688)?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi cpp2005,tested the files with MP (svn 21688) and now the delay is gone,i've tested the MKV files with VLC too,this way i'm sure the subs are synchronized well.So for me external subs are working well,thx again.I will do some more test with other parts of MP (tv,trailers,tv-series) to make sure the your fix didn't broke anything.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Thanks Pretoriano,
    explanation about the delay problem:
    in mpc-hc, evr use slightly different method to synchronize subtitles. To do it the same as in mpc-hc, cooperation from evr custom presenter code is needed (dshowhelper.dll in mediaportal). So at first I tried to avoid it and use the same method as for vmr9. Apparently it didn't work so good :) So in this new version I added small change to dshowhelper.dll.
    I will update the first post soon.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Pretoriano,
    explanation about the delay problem:
    in mpc-hc, evr use slightly different method to synchronize subtitles. To do it the same as in mpc-hc, cooperation from evr custom presenter code is needed (dshowhelper.dll in mediaportal). So at first I tried to avoid it and use the same method as for vmr9. Apparently it didn't work so good :) So in this new version I added small change to dshowhelper.dll.
    I will update the first post soon.

Just to be sure. I dont use evr. Im on XP using vmr9. Does this mean I wont/cant benifit from this? Or is this not an issue for me. Come to think of it. I have not noticed a delay in subs (yet)...

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    I updated first post with latest version and sources.
    It includes evr delay fix. When compiling mediaportal, note that dshowhelper.dll need to be built as well.
    New feature added: support for delay. To activate it, assign keys to actions ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_PLUS and ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_MIN (from configuration -> general -> keys and sounds -> Fullscreen Video specific actions). The delay interval is 500ms.

Just to be sure. I dont use evr. Im on XP using vmr9. Does this mean I wont/cant benifit from this?
    This fix is for evr only. There is no problem with vmr9 (I hope).

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I updated first post with latest version and sources.
    It includes evr delay fix. When compiling mediaportal, note that dshowhelper.dll need to be built as well.
    New feature added: support for delay. To activate it, assign keys to actions ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_PLUS and ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_MIN (from configuration -> general -> keys and sounds -> Fullscreen Video specific actions). The delay interval is 500ms.

Just to be sure. I dont use evr. Im on XP using vmr9. Does this mean I wont/cant benifit from this?
    This fix is for evr only. There is no problem with vmr9 (I hope).

Thanks for the sources. I hope I'm not doing something wrong but I get the following error when trying to build:

Code:
    Error	1	'MediaPortal.Player.Subtitles.MpcSubtitles' does not contain a definition for 'SetDevice'	MediaPortal\Core\guilib\GUIFontManager.cs	565	22	Core

UPDATE: cpp2005: it looks like you reverted Core\guilib\GUIFontManager.cs back to the way it was. Never mind.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    damaster
    restore GUIFontManager.cs from svn (it's not part of mp_Src.zip anymore)

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok, built and tested it and it works great. The delay function works well too. Once this becomes an official feature in 1.0.2, the MP devs will have to consider making a slider available in the skins for setting the subtitle delay.

I changed DELAY_INTERVAL to 250 as I found 500ms didn't allow me to get the timing right.

Thanks again!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Ok, built and tested it and it works great. The delay function works well too. Once this becomes an official feature in 1.0.2, the MP devs will have to consider making a slider available in the skins for setting the subtitle delay.

Maybe cpp2005 should provide the slider in the patch or maybe he should join the team... :D

I changed DELAY_INTERVAL to 250 as I found 500ms didn't allow me to get the timing right.

Indeed, 500ms is too much for lip sync correction. Even blind persons see 0.5 second sync difference :) I would go down as far as 175 ms, or even 100 ms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom