Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I'm a bit confused now. Are there different packs for those with tv-server and to those without?

No,in fact i removed the links from my previous posts cause the last link i posted today will work great for anyone (with or without tv server) using MP with SVN 21720.

frenzy

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    On a seperate but related note: I have read that CoreCodec are developing CoreAVC to use CUDA on nVidia cards so that all supported videos playback with GPU acceleration (much better than DXVA!)

ATi should definitely open up their GPU for programmers or CUDA is going to leave them in the past. I can imagine the time when the MPC team start harnessing the power of CUDA as well the CoreCodec team.

Sorry for the off-topic, just a note: Nvidia proposed to them to use CUDA but they refused and preferred to go on their own with STREAM. Just getting the facts straight

spiz78

Portal Member
    June 6, 2008
    Hello,

since i've installed the SVN 21688 with the mpc subtitles engine videos 1080p started to lose frames or to have decoding errors. I have an ati hd 2400 but i've never had this problem before using the same codec and the same movies with MP RC4.
    unfortunately i've upgraded directly to the Mp 1.0 svn 21688 with the mpc subtitles patch so i cannot say if i have the same problem without it.

Which kind of test or report i can produce to check and find which can be the problem. I was thinking that maybe the videos are not well encoded but then why before they where working perfectly?

Thank you

Spiz

*Update* i've checked that i have the same issue with mpc player selecting the vmr9 (renderless) and (windowed), the only way to go smoothly with dvxa active is using wmr7 (windowed) . What can be the reason of this problem?

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello,

since i've installed the SVN 21688 with the mpc subtitles engine videos 1080p started to lose frames or to have decoding errors. I have an ati hd 2400 but i've never had this problem before using the same codec and the same movies with MP RC4.
    unfortunately i've upgraded directly to the Mp 1.0 svn 21688 with the mpc subtitles patch so i cannot say if i have the same problem without it.

Which kind of test or report i can produce to check and find which can be the problem. I was thinking that maybe the videos are not well encoded but then why before they where working perfectly?

Thank you

Spiz

Are you noticing the dropped frames only when the subtitles are enabled? I noticed the same thing but only when the subtitles are enabled, i.e. video gets a little choppy. This is on Vista with EVR and DXVA working.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    spiz78
    Try turning off subtitles as damaster said, and check if you see the difference.
    vmr7 is usually faster on older hardware/drivers. btw with mpc player in windowed mode, you cannot use subtitles.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I tried the patch last nite ... great work so far.
    I mainly went for it because of the possibility to realtime adjust subtitle synch (using ch +/- on remote)

Only thing I could see which could be a nice addition would be to somehow persist the current subtitle synch settings for any given file.
    Meaning when I the following day resume the movie I have remember how to adjust the movie again.
    It would be better if somehow it could remember this for me.

Maybe create some XML file in the same folder as the movie itself.
    The benefit would ex. be this scenario;
    when u copy the folder containing the movie+sub synch settings (xml) to a new MP installation the sub synch settings are still intact.

There are probably other ways to do this ?

/gibman

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Hi gibman,
    yes it will be especially usefull in case the delay is not constant and need to be adjusted all over the movie.
    Mpc has code to convert/save subtitles, so it's even possible to add option like "autosave updated subtitles".

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi gibman,
    yes it will be especially usefull in case the delay is not constant and need to be adjusted all over the movie.
    Mpc has code to convert/save subtitles, so it's even possible to add option like "autosave updated subtitles".

does that work also with subtitles that reside inside .mkv container?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom