Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (3 Viewers)

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Right it would not work with internal subtitles, only possible to save them as external file.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I did think about the possibility to save a new updated subtitle but thought it was too much work (internal subs could be tricky).

So if Mpc is able to do it for us "for free" then this would be nice.

Maybe on the "playback stopped" event the user could be queried if he wants to save the modified subs ?

Or make it a config in the subtitle section.

Subtitle synch settings;

1) Autosave (when stopping media - maybe do a small guidialog notify here telling the user that the subs have been saved).
    2) Prompt (prompt user when stopping media)
    3) Do nothing (dont save subs).

/gibman

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Ok I will check how difficult to do it in mpc code, if not then synch info can be saved in db like tourettes said.

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is such an awesome development. I am really thankful for all the time put into this.
    I realy disliked the idea of compiling a HTPC which is all about using the hardware I put into it and then not being able to use DXVA. I used MPHC as external player for a while but that was no solution either. This really is awesome and I like it a LOT. THANKS!

However I noticed that not every movie uses the settings regarding fonts and sizes. Sometimes I get fairly large Arial subs and sometimes it uses my settings from MP. Anyone else noticed this?

Again: thanks a LOT for this wonderful option!

spiz78

Portal Member
    June 6, 2008
    spiz78
    Try turning off subtitles as damaster said, and check if you see the difference.
    vmr7 is usually faster on older hardware/drivers. btw with mpc player in windowed mode, you cannot use subtitles.

Thanks ccp2005, i've tried to disable/enable subtitles but nothing change with wmr9 i have this problem. So just watching the video with Mediaportal or using MPC-HC i have the same problem with or without subtitles using wmr9 (rederless).

But i don't understand why with MP RC4 i didn't have this issue, was thw wmr9 the same or has been changed in these last versions?:confused:

Can it be a driver problem? I'm using the catalyst 8.9

Thanks for the help

Spiz78

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    However I noticed that not every movie uses the settings regarding fonts and sizes.
    Font and size apply to .srt and similar types where subtitles are given as simple text. Other types have style information embedded or have bitmaps instead of text, so their style cannot be changed.

spiz78 said:
    But i don't understand why with MP RC4 i didn't have this issue, was thw wmr9 the same or has been changed in these last versions?
    Don't really know, some say that catalyst 8.5 is better version to use.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Are you noticing the dropped frames only when the subtitles are enabled? I noticed the same thing but only when the subtitles are enabled, i.e. video gets a little choppy. This is on Vista with EVR and DXVA working.

me too. I've some random frame drop (mpc decoder+evr+dxva, Ati on primary monitor, reclock 23,976->Pal on 50HZ monitor). I'll try later if it's srt subtitle related...

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    spiz78
    Try turning off subtitles as damaster said, and check if you see the difference.
    vmr7 is usually faster on older hardware/drivers. btw with mpc player in windowed mode, you cannot use subtitles.

Thanks ccp2005, i've tried to disable/enable subtitles but nothing change with wmr9 i have this problem. So just watching the video with Mediaportal or using MPC-HC i have the same problem with or without subtitles using wmr9 (rederless).

But i don't understand why with MP RC4 i didn't have this issue, was thw wmr9 the same or has been changed in these last versions?:confused:

Can it be a driver problem? I'm using the catalyst 8.9

Thanks for the help

Spiz78

Upgrade to Catalyst 9.1 and try that. 9.1 has been pretty good for most everyone.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Are you noticing the dropped frames only when the subtitles are enabled? I noticed the same thing but only when the subtitles are enabled, i.e. video gets a little choppy. This is on Vista with EVR and DXVA working.

Yes. the dropped frames seems related to subtitles.

I'm going to cut a short mkv to prove and testing it.

edit: try this one (about 25 MByte)

http://www.4shared.com/file/88354314/6cd6f62f/CSIMiamiS07E14720p-001.html

when sub begin at 30 sec. timecode. Calleigh and Wolfe pull over and enter into the house.
    There is a medium-long panning. when sub is disabled there is no dropped frames.
    look at flower-pot to the side of the small path.
    When sub is active you should notice some dropped frames.
    My filtergraph is mpc decoder in dxva2 mode. ati 3850, vista and evr as renderer.
    (mp on primary monitor, very important for ati card)

edit2: the dropped frames occur when subtitle disapper.

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I am testing the subtitle engine and getting very good results. However, like 90% of my subs are in .idx/.sub format with the .sub file compressed into a .rar file and mpc-hc won't recognize this combination until I unrar the .sub file. Will mpc-hc subtitle engine ever support reading into .rar files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom