Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I mainly went for it because of the possibility to realtime adjust subtitle synch (using ch +/- on remote)

I know this is a little off topic. Sorry for that. But How the hell did you get your remote mce to work like that. I have been trying for 2hours now. It only works with the keyboard, pageup/pagedown :( thank you for any help.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I mainly went for it because of the possibility to realtime adjust subtitle synch (using ch +/- on remote)

I know this is a little off topic. Sorry for that. But How the hell did you get your remote mce to work like that. I have been trying for 2hours now. It only works with the keyboard, pageup/pagedown :( thank you for any help.

Maybe u should try to assign the keys only for "FullScreen Video specific action " and this way it will not override the settings for Fullscreen TV when "page up" and "page down" keys are used for channel switch.
    BTW i'm using F7&F8 keys.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
      Snap1.jpg
      96.1 KB

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe u should try to assign the keys only for "FullScreen Video specific action " and this way it will not override the settings for Fullscreen TV when "page up" and "page down" keys are used for channel switch.
    BTW i'm using F7&F8 keys.

Thanks for your reply. I have it working like that on keyboard only when I press F7/F8. But the remote (ch+/ch-) wont triger that. This is what I am running in against. Mapping the key to make it work is needed (I think). Havent found it yet (still)...

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Updated first post with new version:
    - added autosave feature (backup subtitles, just in case :))
    - color selection is back
    - delay interval is configurable

My opinion : with new sub engine sometimes few frames are dropped.
    How do you check for dropped frames?
    You can use mediaportal statitistics (press "!").

vuego said:
    ffdshow has support for overriding ASS/SSA scaling. Is this something that's possible to implement in your patch?
    Can you check it, may be it's already working. I don't have ASS/SSA subtitles.

edterbak said:
    How the hell did you get your remote mce to work like that
    You can map the remote keys to mediaportal actions, under mce configuration.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can you check it, may be it's already working. I don't have ASS/SSA subtitles.
    I just tried it and it does not work. The subtitles have the same size even if I set it to 8 or 72 in MediaPortal Configuration.
    I borrowed goahead's panning sample and added one ASS subtitle and a font if you need it for testing. I'll also attach the ASS file unmuxed if you'd like to check out the format.

Last edited:

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Updated first post with new version:
    - added autosave feature (backup subtitles, just in case )
    - color selection is back
    - delay interval is configurable

For the binaries, included only mpcSubs.dll - Pretoriano, can you compile mediaportal binaries? I don't know how to do the assembly trick so it would not crash.

Thx for the new version,and yes i will post the binaries later.

Thanks for your reply. I have it working like that on keyboard only when I press F7/F8. But the remote (ch+/ch-) wont triger that. This is what I am running in against. Mapping the key to make it work is needed (I think). Havent found it yet (still)...

u can try to use the "skip previous" and "skip next" keys that u use when listen to music,for me that is working great,and i still can use those keys when listen to music.

EDIT2: Link removed...u will now find the link to the binaries on the first page of this thread

Attachments

• Snap2.jpg
      Snap2.jpg
      101.5 KB

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    Great plugin but somehow I couldn't download the latest binary in the first post. Any chance you might upload again?

Thanks

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi,i've tested the latest version and i realy like the option to save the subtitles when u stop the movie and is working well,but when you choose "ask" in the MP subtitles configuration everytime u stop a movie MP will pop up the window asking if you want to save subtitles or not,even for a movie without subs,or even if u didn't change the subs delay.

I think this window should pop up only if u modify the delay for a subtitle,right?:confused:

Tested the "frame drop" issue that some users reported here but for me i can confirm i have no frame drop,see the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• MPC video decoder + subs patch.jpg
      MPC video decoder + subs patch.jpg
      134.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom