Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

illStyle

Portal Pro
August 26, 2006
Nuremberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello edterbak,

you already posed that question and I thought flokel already answered it (you may consider it as a negative answer, though). I guess they just don't want to run the risk of breaking anything. Keep in mind 1.0.1 is due on march 15th. ;)

Regards,
Simon

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Ok, just a question. Why is it not implemented already? Its an improvement of an already existing feature. Or is this considered
    a new feature? (soulds a bit weird, because subtitle function is already present). And its already working for 99% correct. :)

DVXA is definately a new feature. Also it changes pretty critical parts in the system. So, no go for 1.0.1.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a request that might be related to the issue where the subtitles are drawn on top of the OSD. I wish MP would position the subtitles inside the video. Currently when playing a 2:35 video on a 16:9 screen, the subtitles are displayed below the video in the black bars. This means lots of extra work for the eyes especially on a 110" screen :)
    I understand that some users still might want the subtitles outside the picture so an option would be great.

:D

nestochi

Portal Member
    May 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for bringing back the color selector. But the colors are wrong when choosing in Config. If i select yellow this is written in the config:
    Code:
    <entry name="color">ffff00</entry>
    This is yellow according to html colors, but it is kind of blue in mediaportal. This (the kind of blue html code) equals yellow in MediaPortal:
    Code:
    <entry name="color">ff00ffff</entry>

Any clues?

first of all, i would like to thank cpp2005 for his great work.
    i've been struggling with the subtitles problems of MP since i changed to 1.0 , and after i installed his modified dll's i have the subtitles the way they should be .

about the color problem, same is happening for me.
    I've installed 21720 SVN build, and modified binaries from the first post of this thread.
    i think there is a problem in MP reading that color from the configuration file.

i've been reading the development wiki, and the color format should be like this:
    Code:
    Hex values in the format #AARRGGBB (e.g. #20FFFFFF)
    AA = Alpha (transparency) channel hex value
    RR = red hex value
    GG = green hex value
    BB = blue hex value

but it's now working like that.
    after some tests, i found out that the format for that parameter is actually this:
    #AABBGGRR (red and blue are exchanged)

so, if i wanted blue subtitles , (weird choice, i know :) ) i should type #FFFF0000 instead of RGB #FF0000FF
    maybe it's a problem reading the configuration file.

anyway, i modified the xml according to this, and now my subtitles are showing just the way i want.
    thanks again for this great integration.

best regards

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can someone help with an update for the latest SVN? :) Because I dont upgrade without the knowledge this subtitle engine is available for it :) (Im sort of depending on it now...)

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    zeebee, nestochi
    thanks I will check the color problem

vuego said:
    I wish MP would position the subtitles inside the video.
    Ok I'll put it on the list (being busy last time so it takes time).
    The main problem with this feature is lack of space on configuration screen, any ideas are welcome :)

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for this great achievment. Because of this I went out and bought myself an AGP Radeon 3650 card and now I have it setup up with DXVA and subs in my old athlon xp2200 htpc system. I must say WOW. I never expected to get this old system to play 1080p like this! I am now ready for the new age! or something... :)

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How exactly do I setup DXVA? When I open the config of MPC - MPV decoder is just says the name of my motherboard under the DXVA section (geforce 9300 chipset)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom