Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    How exactly do I setup DXVA? When I open the config of MPC - MPV decoder is just says the name of my motherboard under the DXVA section (geforce 9300 chipset)

I guess my question was stuck on the other page :)

Thanks in advance.

I don't really get it (how do i setup DXVA?:confused: ) but if you mean how u can be sure MPC video decoder is using DXVA there are 3 ways:

1)In MPC Video configuration pannel disable support for H264/AVC (FFmpeg) and VC1 (FFmpeg) so decoder is forced to use only DXVA when decoding those formats
    2)U can use this software to see if u video card is capable of DXVA or your current driver http://bluesky23.hp.infoseek.co.jp/dxvac/DXVAChecker_1.10.1.0.zip
    3)Just keep an eye on CPU usage when playing MKV files :D

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Updated first post with new version:
    - fixed color selection
    - new option: override user styles (for ass subtitles)
    - new option: display relative to video frame

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Updated first post with new version:
    - fixed color selection
    - new option: override user styles (for ass subtitles)
    - new option: display relative to video frame

Hi,thx for the new version i will give it a try later today.Just one question have u managed to find way around for the issue posted here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/integration-mpc-hc-subtitles-engine-54130/index18.html#post383228 ?

I think arryo is right and subs should not be displayed over the OSD.:D

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I found a problem related to this patch. Looks like the television teletext subtitles now are displayed in Hebrew script which means that Swedish special characters (ÅÄÖåäö) isn't displayed correctly.
    mpc-hc_subs_bin _based on SVN 21813_ from march 2:nd doesn't have this problem but mpc-hc_subs_bin__based_on__SVN_21813_ from march 7:th do.

Hey nice job, I just upgraded to svn 21864 and the script trouble is already fixed. Thanks! :)

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    found a problem related to this patch. Looks like the television teletext subtitles now are displayed in Hebrew script which means that Swedish special characters (ÅÄÖåäö) isn't displayed correctly.
    mpc-hc_subs_bin _based on SVN 21813_ from march 2:nd doesn't have this problem but mpc-hc_subs_bin__based_on__SVN_21813_ from march 7:th do.

Hey nice job, I just upgraded to svn 21864 and the script trouble is already fixed. Thanks!

:confused: never used teletext subtitles, where you define/select script for those?
    Anyway there were no changes in subtitles engine between 21813 and 21864, so its some kind of compilation issue.

Crashdummy

Portal Member
    April 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Im using Disaster's Build which has your patch integrated.
    I can manage subtitle size fine via de the MediaPortal config -> video -> subtitle.
    The problem is, the font size is relative to the video. 18px font size on SD-video looks normal, but on HD-video 18px font size is very small.

Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: Im also using the SAF "codec pack" (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...one-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/#post300495)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    :confused: never used teletext subtitles, where you define/select script for those?
    Anyway there were no changes in subtitles engine between 21813 and 21864, so its some kind of compilation issue.
    That's a good question. I was also wondering where to change script. It isn't possible in MP Television settings. But it's working now again :)

I have another request. When disabling this patch by unchecking "Autoload subtitles" it would be nice if ffdshow subtitles could be used again. Currently it isn't possible to use ffdshow subtitles at all since the patch takes over even if disabled I guess...?

whiskaz

Portal Member
    February 1, 2008
    Here are the binaries based on svn 21864 : mpc-hc_subs_bin _based on SVN 21864.rar - 2.33MB

The binaries were compiled with Visual Studio 2008 so if you have issues with video playback please install "Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package" from here: Download details: Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
    Download details: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Remember if you have issues with this SVN and you are using the MPC subtitle engine please post them only in this thread because the new engine is not supported by team mediaportal yet.THX

Can one acquire the source for the MediaPortal changes? I saw the attachment on the first page, but didn't figure that was the latest SVN.

:D

sailort

Portal Member
    April 28, 2008
    Hi guys,

this is very good improvement to MP I have to say.

If I can, I would like to ask for some improvements/features to this:

1. option to select external subs initially (currently it seems that mkv embedded subs are selected and I prefer external subs which is more suitable in non english speaking countries)
    2. search for subtitles in different directory than movies are placed (I prefer to store subs on different location)
    3. option to select any color for subs (I think only predefined can be used)
    4. more option for font settings (at least those present in MPC HC)
    5. what about ffdshow subs renderer which is far superior IMHO?

problems which I realised with this (I don't know, if this is related to MPC HC subs engine implementation, and/or with MP itself as I used ffdshow previously)

1. sometimes when I try to play different video, MP freezes on movie selection screen, but my VFD is responsing to mouse clicks (changes file selection, fullscreen video status, ...). This seems that DXVA engine hasn't correctly releases resources as only reboot in this situation helps.
    2. sometimes when I change subtitles (and/or language) video freezes. Sometimes MP can be closed, sometimes only reboot helps
    3. sometimes I have message which states something like video:h264/iso/avc audio:dts (or something like this - don't know exactly right now) and video cannot be played (but could be played previously)

I appologize if anything is my fault (missconfig, overlooked settings, ...).

Thanks

Regards

T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom