Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

MonsterMash

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Hello,
what i have to do to install this plugin? I tryed simply to copy the binaries into the mediaportal folder, overwriting the original files, but it does not work: the mediaportal.exe and the configuration.exe crashes while loading.

Thank you.

Bye

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thank you pretorian. :) I will try it right away when I get home. :) I see this download already contains files with the correct version numbers. So no error messages. Perfect!

@ Monstermash.
Remember that you need the correct MediaPortal version in order to get it to work propperly.
Download the file from Pretoriano (just above this post).
After making a backup of the original files; Overwrite the files in your mediaportal installation directory.
In configuration screen > Movies and subtitle tab, you will see new things to configure.

After copying and overwriting all files, the new subtitle engine is working. And you should be happy.

If you are still encountering problems, please give more information for all of us to work with.
- Error messages
- MediaPortal version
- PC Specs

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Thank you pretorian. I will try it right away when I get home. I see this download already contains files with the correct version numbers. So no error messages. Perfect!

Yes,all u need to do is to extract the archive to the MP directory and everything should work fine.BTW i have included another patch in the binaries,that resolve the issue i've posted here:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/mediaportal-freeze-when-using-movingpictures-milkdrop2-visualization-54665/#post376334

I will try to upade the binaries everytime a new SVN or some updates from cpp2005 is out ;).And like Tourettes said the integration of this new subtitles engine is scheduled for MP 1.0.2 release so please post any issue u have only here.THX

MonsterMash

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Thank you all.
    Now (i think) i installed it correctly: installed the last svn and then overwriten the existing MediaPortal directory with the one pretoriano linked up there. I see now the new options for subtitles, as shown below:

But now, every video file i try to load it says me that can't load, and give me no more information about why it can't do it...

Here's a screen:

I'm italian, so the error message it's given in italian, but it says only: "Can't play the file:...".

And this happens with every video file, it tryed with avi and mkv, tryed with xvid, divx, h264, tryed also disabling subtitles from mediaportal configuration.

If i restore the original files, it returns to work, so the problem come with the binaries of pretoriano.

My system: Mobo with integrated graphic ati 780g chipset (hd3200), cpu amd x2 5000+, OS Windows Vista 64. I connected the htpc to my Plasma fullhd tv through the hdmi cable.

To show you wich are the plugins i installed in mediaportal, i'll post a screen of the plugin section of mediaportal configuration:

If you need some other information, tell me :).

Thank you for your work! I really appreciate it!

Bye

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah yeah.. I know, I wont do it again... :)
    (I just thought the feature freeze was gone with the latest SVN and the channel changing upgrade. Thats why I brought it up on the svn thread. I was wrong. :sorry: ) Im just realy excited about this "new feature". A bit overexcited probably.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    new error...i've installed the new catalyst 9.1 reinstalled mediaportal 1.0 installed the svn 21720 copied the bin from pretoriano into my mediaportal folder and...i've got the error when i try to see a video: Unable to play!

Just a wild guess, the binaries were compiled with Visual Studio 2008 and you don't have needed DLL files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
    Download details: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Thank you all.
    Now (i think) i installed it correctly: installed the last svn and then overwriten the existing MediaPortal directory with the one pretoriano linked up there. I see now the new options for subtitles, as shown below:

Hi,try to install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package from the links posted by tourettes

MonsterMash

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    new error...i've installed the new catalyst 9.1 reinstalled mediaportal 1.0 installed the svn 21720 copied the bin from pretoriano into my mediaportal folder and...i've got the error when i try to see a video: Unable to play!

Just a wild guess, the binaries were compiled with Visual Studio 2008 and you don't have needed DLL files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
    Download details: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Thank you all.

Hi,try to install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package from the links posted by tourettes

Thank you, now it seems to work fine :).

P.S. i read that this mod will be included in the next 1.02 realese of mediaportal, do you know when this realese will be done?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    P.S. i read that this mod will be included in the next 1.02 realese of mediaportal, do you know when this realese will be done?

After 1.0.1 is out :) So, just a guess would be during summer / autumn.

So for now guys just keep an eye on this thread and keep testing so will be integrated "bug free" when time comes...:D

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How exactly do I setup DXVA? When I open the config of MPC - MPV decoder is just says the name of my motherboard under the DXVA section (geforce 9300 chipset)

I guess my question was stuck on the other page :)

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom