Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi sailort,

1. option to select external subs initially (currently it seems that mkv embedded subs are selected and I prefer external subs which is more suitable in non english speaking countries)
    2. search for subtitles in different directory than movies are placed (I prefer to store subs on different location)
    3. option to select any color for subs (I think only predefined can be used)
    4. more option for font settings (at least those present in MPC HC)
    5. what about ffdshow subs renderer which is far superior IMHO?

1)this might be a good idea even if most of the users are using a remote (so changing to external subs is only a click away IMHO)
    5)i think that using ffdshow as renderer will break DXVA and this was the first goal of this new subs engine (cpp2005 please correct me if i'm wrong:D )

For the others improvements i think is up to cpp2005 to decide so no comment from me:)

1. sometimes when I try to play different video, MP freezes on movie selection screen, but my VFD is responsing to mouse clicks (changes file selection, fullscreen video status, ...). This seems that DXVA engine hasn't correctly releases resources as only reboot in this situation helps.
    2. sometimes when I change subtitles (and/or language) video freezes. Sometimes MP can be closed, sometimes only reboot helps
    3. sometimes I have message which states something like video:h264/iso/avc audio:dts (or something like this - don't know exactly right now) and video cannot be played (but could be played previously)

1)Never had this problem so can u please post some more details (system specs,logs)
    2)No problem here,maybe is related to you video card driver
    3)Please post some logs from when this issue occurre so maybe we can see what's wrong

sailort

Portal Member
    April 28, 2008
    Hi sailort,

1. option to select external subs initially (currently it seems that mkv embedded subs are selected and I prefer external subs which is more suitable in non english speaking countries)
    2. search for subtitles in different directory than movies are placed (I prefer to store subs on different location)

1)this might be a good idea even if most of the users are using a remote (so changing to external subs is only a click away IMHO)
    5)i think that using ffdshow as renderer will break DXVA and this was the first goal of this new subs engine (cpp2005 please correct me if i'm wrong:D )

ad1.: yes, that's true. But at least I prefer external subtitles as I downloaded these for using ;-)
    ad5.: I don't mean using ffdshow as a filter, but only part of code responsible for rendering subtitiles (instead of code taken from MPCHC) with similar connection to renderer

For the others improvements i think is up to cpp2005 to decide so no comment from me:)

1. sometimes when I try to play different video, MP freezes on movie selection screen, but my VFD is responsing to mouse clicks (changes file selection, fullscreen video status, ...). This seems that DXVA engine hasn't correctly releases resources as only reboot in this situation helps.
    2. sometimes when I change subtitles (and/or language) video freezes. Sometimes MP can be closed, sometimes only reboot helps
    3. sometimes I have message which states something like video:h264/iso/avc audio:dts (or something like this - don't know exactly right now) and video cannot be played (but could be played previously)

1)Never had this problem so can u please post some more details (system specs,logs)
    2)No problem here,maybe is related to you video card driver
    3)Please post some logs from when this issue occurre so maybe we can see what's wrong

...I suspect broken seeking within h264 files. Something similiar happens sometimes when I try to resume video playback. I sense that these problems are somehow connected.

I will try to get logs sometime if I won't be able to find solution by myself. Thanks for willing to help.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    vuego said:
    I have another request. When disabling this patch by unchecking "Autoload subtitles" it would be nice if ffdshow subtitles could be used again. Currently it isn't possible to use ffdshow subtitles at all since the patch takes over even if disabled I guess...?
    Autoload does not disable the engine - you can turn subtitles on at any moment. So this is another option - something like "Enable subtitles engine". I agree that it should be possible to disable it.

Crashdummy said:
    The problem is, the font size is relative to the video. 18px font size on SD-video looks normal, but on HD-video 18px font size is very small.
    The subtitles are rendered using your desktop resolution (unless you checked "Relative to video frame" option). So there should be no difference between SD and HD content. May be you saw bitmap-based subtitles, or subtitles with embedded style?

sailort said:

1. Actually external subs selected first ;)
    2. Besides current directory, subtitles are checked in .\subtitles and in c:\subtitles (although there is no configuration for this).
    What options are you missing from MPC HC?

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I also had troubles when playing back DXVA supported files. The logs showed me it was caused by Cyberdisplay plugin, I removed it and now use Minidisplay (works better). Not sure if this is also your problem, but it might help.

sailort

Portal Member
    April 28, 2008

I also had troubles when playing back DXVA supported files. The logs showed me it was caused by Cyberdisplay plugin, I removed it and now use Minidisplay (works better). Not sure if this is also your problem, but it might help.

This isn't a problem as VFD is working and logs didn't indicate any problem with display. Unfortunatelly it didn't indicate any problem for me ;-( no error/warning...

sailort said:

1. Actually external subs selected first ;)
    2. Besides current directory, subtitles are checked in .\subtitles and in c:\subtitles (although there is no configuration for this).
    What options are you missing from MPC HC?

1. I didn't realize ;-(
    2. Perfect, I'll use c:\subtitles, but have option to set any other folder should be handy
    ...maybe I missed configuration somewhere, but I can't find option to select different than predefined colors, change position of subs within picture, etc... Regarding this, I have next thing in my mind, and that is displaying subtitles inside botom black bar of video, ffdshow can even change height ratio between top/bottom bars, which is very useful (one can move 1:2.35 movie on top of 16:9 display (TV) and have subs within black bar on the bottom which is higher than when video placed in the middle of screen)
    ...as I asked, ffdshow subs renderer could be better solution, but you are develpers and decision is yours.

T.

sailort

Portal Member
    April 28, 2008

I'm already using minidisplay.
    I have tried to use other non-DXVA decoder (ffdshow) and problem disappeared, so it seems that this is dxva related problem. Files are played in MPCHC fine with dxva enabled with same codec (MPC Video decoder). I have checked this, and both MPC and MP are using same .ax, so no difference here.

nestochi

Portal Member
    May 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Updated first post with new version:
    - fixed color selection
    - new option: override user styles (for ass subtitles)
    - new option: display relative to video frame

tested new version and now color selection is working fine.

:D again for the greatest MP mod ever...

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    HI...
    BTW.. now that 1.0.1 is delayed.. try to add MPC-HC+Subtitles integration with DXA... (in version 1.0.1)
    The MPC-HC integration is working great on two computers for more that 2 weeks.. no problem at all..

You know to ask is free :)

Thanks!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HI...
    BTW.. now that 1.0.1 is delayed.. try to add MPC-HC+Subtitles integration with DXA... (in version 1.0.1)
    The MPC-HC integration is working great on two computers for more that 2 weeks.. no problem at all..

You know to ask is free :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I know what you mean and I agree with you. Although I guess the devs are not going to do it. The faster zapping function from ambass which has been added to 1.01 (current svns) is giving a lot of issues here and there. Or gave issues, I dont know. So I guess they might be feeling not so willing to put in a new feature/function again.
    But you are right, asking is free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom