Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
damaster, mr viggo
can you check mediaportal logs, if there are any errors after it stays in memory?

Absolutely no errors in my log file. From the log messages it appears the MediaPortal OnExit method is executing just fine.

I added the following line of code at the very end of the OnExit method in MediaPortal.cs to solve the problem, although it's not an elegant fix, but quite acceptable as long as it's the very last line of code that executes:
Code:
Process.GetCurrentProcess().Kill();

There's also another bug to report and here's how to reproduce it:
1) Enable subtitles in MediaPortal Configuration Videos section or from the settings menu in the UI.
2) Play a video with subtitles, and select one of the subtitle languages from the OSD.
3) Now open up the subtitles OSD menu while playing a video again and select "Subtitles Off".
4) Now in MediaPortal Configuration or the settings menu in the UI, the subtitles will be disabled.
5) Exit MediaPortal.
6) Restart MediaPortal and play a video. Now you don't even get the "Subtitles" option in the OSD because they've been disabled. You have to go back to Settings and re-enable them.

To solve this issue, I think choosing "Subtitles Off" while playing a video SHOULD NOT disable the subtitles configuration flag but should only turn off subtitles for that particular video. The configuration subtitles flag should only be toggled from MP Configuration or from the settings menu in the UI.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok I'm checking it, tourettes may be you have a hint why it would stay in memory?
    Regarding delay: with what kind of subtitles did you get it (all/external/internal)? And what renderer are you using?

Seems related to EVR (under Vista only EVR work with dxva2 mode).
    with vmr9 and sw mode (coreavc) the subs are synched.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    damaster, mr viggo
    can you check mediaportal logs, if there are any errors after it stays in memory?

Absolutely no errors in my log file. From the log messages it appears the MediaPortal OnExit method is executing just fine.

I added the following line of code at the very end of the OnExit method in MediaPortal.cs to solve the problem, although it's not an elegant fix, but quite acceptable as long as it's the very last line of code that executes:
    Code:
    Process.GetCurrentProcess().Kill();

There's also another bug to report and here's how to reproduce it:
    1) Enable subtitles in MediaPortal Configuration Videos section or from the settings menu in the UI.
    2) Play a video with subtitles, and select one of the subtitle languages from the OSD.
    3) Now open up the subtitles OSD menu while playing a video again and select "Subtitles Off".
    4) Now in MediaPortal Configuration or the settings menu in the UI, the subtitles will be disabled.
    5) Exit MediaPortal.
    6) Restart MediaPortal and play a video. Now you don't even get the "Subtitles" option in the OSD because they've been disabled. You have to go back to Settings and re-enable them.

To solve this issue, I think choosing "Subtitles Off" while playing a video SHOULD NOT disable the subtitles configuration flag but should only turn off subtitles for that particular video. The configuration subtitles flag should only be toggled from MP Configuration or from the settings menu in the UI.

Hi damaster,i can't reproduce this issue with subtitles no longer starting if you choose "subtitles off" when playing a video.For me if i disable the subtitles from OSD,closing MP and restarting again i always get subtitles enabled.

@cpp2005:subtitles are outsynch only when playing MKV with DXVA but with normal xvid i don't have this issue (i'm using external subs).
    As for the MP process not closing after you close MP i only have this issue when playing xvid files (i'm using divx7 decoder) and there's no error in the log file.The only difference in MP log file is that when MP close normaly the last line is "[Info.][2]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: FolderDatabase3.db3" and when process stays in memory the last line is "[Info.][2]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: VideoDatabaseV5.db3"

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just say WOW!

Thanks ALOT. For how long have I not been waiting for this. Now I am going to order new graphic card.
    Have not bothered with this since I can not run subs anyway!

Finally my OLD htpc hardware can keep up with new videos and subs!

THANKS!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it maybe possible to make the current SVN work with it as well? NOw it only works for 1.0 without svn? But not the one from 23-1.

Congrats on the good results!!! I think this is a REAL good development of MP. Id like to see it in MP as soon as possible. Feature freeze or not. This is what a lot of people are waiting for. :) including me.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    I can only reproduce this problem on Vista. There are no threads alive, however some resources were only released on dll unload. After I moved cleaning code to be performed every time when movie is stopped, the problem seems to be gone.
    Also fixed non-fullscreen case (the preview mode).
    To solve this issue, I think choosing "Subtitles Off" while playing a video SHOULD NOT disable the subtitles configuration flag but should only turn off subtitles for that particular video.
    I could not reproduce it as Pretoriano said. However I see what you said that when subtitles are off in configuration, they can not be turned on. I changed it so they can be turned on. I think that instead of "Enable subtitles" the option in configuration should be called "Autoload subtitles".

The fix is attached, unfortunately I updated to latest svn (21658) that is not released so I'm not updating the first post yet.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    You are right the issue is only on vista i tested on xp 32bit and MP close without the process remaining in memory.BTW only external subs are a bit out of synch and only with MKV files.
    I'm glad you are already updated to the last SVN cause i already compiled by myself and installed so i can test the new version right away.:D

Edit:Tested the latest version and now the only issue so far is the out of synch with MKV+external subs.Thx cpp2005 for fixing the bugs so fast.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is a bit off topic but since I guess a lot of you guys have a working DXVA I try to ask here.

Since I am on AGP I am thinking about buying "Asus Radeon AH3650 SILENT/HTDI 512MB" which should be good for HTPC system since there are no fan.

Which catalyst is recommended to get DXVA working on Win XP with AGP?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    This is a bit off topic but since I guess a lot of you guys have a working DXVA I try to ask here.

Since I am on AGP I am thinking about buying "Asus Radeon AH3650 SILENT/HTDI 512MB" which should be good for HTPC system since there are no fan.

Which catalyst is recommended to get DXVA working on Win XP with AGP?

For me on XP Catalyst 8.12 worked great with DXVA but with 9.1 h264 DXVA is not working.Some users are saying that catalyst 8.5 is reccomended on XP,take a look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/#post300495

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom