Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks for your report.
    red5goahead, did I understand you right and 854x480 texture resolution solved your stuttering problem?

Yes, with my control file 854x480 fix the problem (also with 3 as buffering value)
    but let me check again deeply . I'm back to normal ffdshow subtitiling since few days.
    I'll back to new engine .

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    ok, did some testing with several movies I had the stutter problems in. With the 848x600 (or something) resolution (which looks perfect) and the framebuffer set to 10, I don't notice any of the problems I had. Guess for me the issue is resolved, everything works great :D

Thanks for your report.
    red5goahead, did I understand you right and 854x480 texture resolution solved your stuttering problem?

arryo said:
    When I tried to switch subtitle in subtitle page, the color turns white (readable though) Not sure this because of the skin or the MPC-HC subtitle engine. But when I don't use this engine, it doesn't happen
    Will check that, what skin are you using?

I'm using black and white 1080

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ok, did some testing with several movies I had the stutter problems in. With the 848x600 (or something) resolution (which looks perfect) and the framebuffer set to 10, I don't notice any of the problems I had. Guess for me the issue is resolved, everything works great :D

Thanks for your report.

Seems work. 854x480/buffering 3/round to power ON (such as MPC-HC)

I've tried a divx 25 fps and 3 file mkv files 23,976 fps. under 50 HZ refresh and obliously reclock ON to comply refresh rate.

no stuttering. I'll continue to test...

I'm using Streamed MP.

imho the default for the shadow depth should be 4 not 5.

and consider to use Deja font and its serif typeface (instead Arial )

http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

it's a free font and it's used by Open Office .

it's perfect for subtitling.

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Seems work. 854x480/buffering 3/round to power ON (such as MPC-HC)

With my 8500GT, I've also found that 854x480 with buffering of 3 gives me the best results. But turning the rounding thing ON gives me massive stuttering. If I leave it off everything seems to work fine.

Also, the new 185.81 nvidia beta drivers seem to make things a little smoother, but it might just be a placebo effect.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Also, the new 185.81 nvidia beta drivers seem to make things a little smoother, but it might just be a placebo effect.

Most likely a placebo effect as I'm pretty sure that the stuttering comes from either MP or MPC-HC code (i.e. something is just stalling the main rendering thread).

konehead

April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Guys I installed this plugin today. For MKV files I can use the subtitles (emended), unfortunately, when I try to play a DVD file (.ts) i am able to set the subtitle on (via the menu) but i don't see the subtitle activated on my screen.

How can i see emmended subtitles for .ts DVD files?

Maybe it is useful to know:
    MPEG2 video decoder = MPC-MPEG2-Video Decoder (Gabest)
    No postprocessing

Subtitle: MPC-HC (i tried also DIrectVob sub)

looking forward to you questions or solution!

Cheers. Kone

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    konehead
    .ts subtitles are not supported by this engine, they can be played using tsreader/dvbsubtitles.
    I'm not using ts files so can't help you more with that.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks. And can you tell me what the default resolution is? Mine was set to 640x480, which looks like crap on my widescreen plasma. The fonts were all stretched. I assume because of the different aspect ratio. Maybe if the default is going to be something other than "Desktop" it should default to a value that is the same aspect radio of the user's screen.

Or better yet, instead of specific resolutions, just let the user choose between Low, Medium, and High. Each of those values would represent a resolution that is the same aspect ratio as their screen when playing back videos. Then add a Highest option and make that the desktop resolution. The specific resolution isn't going to mean anything to your average user. Heck, I consider myself an advanced user and I don't really get it. The subtitles look the same to me on all resolutions as long as I pick a widescreen one.

I gotta agree. These low resolutions look awful on my 110" 1920x1080 screen :(
    I suggest that the default resolution settings should behave like your previous version. I.e. use desktop resolution and instead let the users who have problems lower the resolution by accessing advanced settings. Low, Medium and High sounds like a good place to start.

Also this version breaks the subtitles aspect ratio. The default aspect ratio should be 16:9 since that's what the majority is using (only 11% use 4:3 according to the latest user survey). Or even better, use Desktop aspect ratio :)
    If I select Desktop aspect ratio and play 16:9 videos all looks good. However when I play 2.40:1 or 4:3 videos the subtitle aspect ratio is wrong again (having "Position relative to the video frame" selected). This means that currently I'll have to manually change the subtitle resolution before playing every video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom