Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (3 Viewers)

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    vuego said:
    I suggest that the default resolution settings should behave like your previous version. I.e. use desktop resolution and instead let the users who have problems lower the resolution by accessing advanced settings. Low, Medium and High sounds like a good place to start.
    Also this version breaks the subtitles aspect ratio. The default aspect ratio should be 16:9 since that's what the majority is using (only 11% use 4:3 according to the latest user survey). Or even better, use Desktop aspect ratio
    I think it's a good idea. In such case no default aspect ratio is needed since resolution will be calculated in runtime anyway.

vuego said:
    If I select Desktop aspect ratio and play 16:9 videos all looks good. However when I play 2.40:1 or 4:3 videos the subtitle aspect ratio is wrong again (having "Position relative to the video frame" selected). This means that currently I'll have to manually change the subtitle resolution before playing every video.
    Well that's the price for "Position relative to the video frame" option. It's possible to change texture resolution on the fly (according to video aspect ratio), in case "Position relative to the video frame" is selected. But this feature will take time to develop.

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hi all,

I just did a full reinstall of my HTPC and wanted to make sure it would run hardware accelerated all the time. So I used the SAF codec pack and this MPC-HC. It all works just fine with me, I can select internal and external subtitles, switch between them and they display in the right proportion to my movie for as far as I can tell. Great job on this! If this and the SAF codec pack become default codecs in MP, then we will have an MP that fully supports hardware acceleration.

xanadu1979
    I had an issue where every now and then (always the same moments in every movie) the movie would stutter. But this was also an issue prior to using MPC-HC. The solution was to uncheck the downmix AAC to stereo. It's on by default and causes my HTPC to stutter during movie playback, even when using hardware acceleration. Maybe it helps... I still use AC3Filter with the SAF pack (even when they say it might cause double decoding), but MP on default always causes haste in audio and AC3Filter is the only way that I found to make it delay audio so it is in sync.

Domini0n

[edit]

Configuration.exe also works fine...

[/edit]

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    vuego said:
    If I select Desktop aspect ratio and play 16:9 videos all looks good. However when I play 2.40:1 or 4:3 videos the subtitle aspect ratio is wrong again (having "Position relative to the video frame" selected). This means that currently I'll have to manually change the subtitle resolution before playing every video.
    Well that's the price for "Position relative to the video frame" option. It's possible to change texture resolution on the fly (according to video aspect ratio), in case "Position relative to the video frame" is selected. But this feature will take time to develop.

I'm not sure what was changed but it did work correctly in the old version (around 11th April). See two screenshots of 2.40:1 video, both using "Position relative to the video frame" (Desktop texture resolution on the new version). As I understand it, the old version would automatically use the Desktop texture resolution setting found in the new version...?

Attachments

• old subtitle aspect.jpg
      old subtitle aspect.jpg
      84.2 KB
    • new subtitle aspect.jpg
      new subtitle aspect.jpg
      85.7 KB

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dumb question alert: I have one mkv (2010 - The year we make contact) which has multiple subs in, but they don't show. It's the first movie that's giving me "problems" since switching to mpc-hc subs from vsfilter. Is there a way for me to figure out why they don't work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom