Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (3 Viewers)

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
When I tried to switch subtitle in subtitle page, the color turns white (readable though) Not sure this because of the skin or the MPC-HC subtitle engine. But when I don't use this engine, it doesn't happen

this problem still there for the latest version. Any progress?

Thanks

Well,in first place only new binaries were uploaded but the engine version is the same one that was used for 1.0.1 binaries.;)

Arryo i've tested four skins untill now and i can't reproduce that issue,so i really don't know if the engine has anything to do with that issue.

I think it only happens with Black & White. Have you tested with this skin too?

manray

Portal Pro
December 5, 2008
Hi,

Nice work guys!
My question is: why this is not included in MediaPortal base code?
This nice feature should be included.

Thanks

Domini0n

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hi,

Nice work guys!

Thanks

What I would like to know is if the SAF codec pack (without the PowerDVD codec ofcourse) will be part of MP? Because that would make MP - from install - a DxVA ready media center software. Without the SAF codec's, what benefits does this DxVA ready subtitle decoder have?

:D
Domini0n

manray

Portal Pro
December 5, 2008
Hi,

Nice work guys!

Thanks

What I would like to know is if the SAF codec pack (without the PowerDVD codec ofcourse) will be part of MP? Because that would make MP - from install - a DxVA ready media center software. Without the SAF codec's, what benefits does this DxVA ready subtitle decoder have?

Domini0n

You're Right! It makes sense.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi,

Nice work guys!

Thanks

Domini0n

You're Right! It makes sense.

Well is not making too much sense to me adding lots of decoders to the MP installer (btw when you buy a bugatti veyron it's still up to you finding an airport to test 1000HP :D ) and then have 1000 forum posts about MP is not working with this codec or with that.The way MP works now you have the possibility to choose your own decoders to install and keep your OS clean.To get DXVA with MPC subtitle engine u only need a decoder that support it (PDVD,MPC) not the whole SAF package ;)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I agree with Pretoriano, inclusion of the SAF pack is not a good idea ~ some of us like to configure the system just as I like it...

I WOULD agree if it was an optional addition ~ i.e. it's an option on the installer that is NOT enabled by default and you have to choose to install it...

It's about time the MPC subs were included in MP too, fabulous!!

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    I was just wondering if the MPC-HC codec's for DxVA would be included. The other codec's from the SAF pack are not needed. As MP already has MPC codec's to me it would make sense, to have the default option to choise the MPC-HC or MPC codec's. It also makes it a little easier for people that don't have to much time to figure out what to install to get DxVA to work. But it's a suggestion/question, I know that many people would like to have the "option" to choose their own codec's, but they would still have that choice when they implement the MPC-HC codec's, just makes the default setup of DxVA ready MP easy for people with less time and knowledge.

Hope I'm making any sense... :p

Domini0n

manray

Portal Pro
    December 5, 2008
    I was just wondering if the MPC-HC codec's for DxVA would be included. The other codec's from the SAF pack are not needed. As MP already has MPC codec's to me it would make sense, to have the default option to choise the MPC-HC or MPC codec's. It also makes it a little easier for people that don't have to much time to figure out what to install to get DxVA to work. But it's a suggestion/question, I know that many people would like to have the "option" to choose their own codec's, but they would still have that choice when they implement the MPC-HC codec's, just makes the default setup of DxVA ready MP easy for people with less time and knowledge.

Domini0n

I still agree with you.:)

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008

Domini0n

I still agree with you.:)

:D Manray

To add one more argument:
    What use would it have to implement MPC-HC subtitle engine if you don't implement the MPC-HC codec's :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom