Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    What use would it have to implement MPC-HC subtitle engine if you don't implement the MPC-HC codec's :rolleyes:

HW acceleration works for example with Cyberlink's H.264 codec. So it is not requiring MPC-HC codec. Also we don't want to start to distribute h.264 codec as it most likely has some licensing fees that we would be required to pay on downloaded MP basis (most likely MPV MPEG2 codec is already on that same gray area :p).

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    To add one more argument:
    What use would it have to implement MPC-HC subtitle engine if you don't implement the MPC-HC codec's :rolleyes:

MPC subtitle engine is not a great engine only because you can use DXVA,imo is much better than the "old" engine in many ways...you don't need DirectVobSub to be installed,you have advanced options,the possibility to adjust subtitles delay and so far for me is working with 100% of my movies ( with both internal and external subtitles)...never worked at 100% when using DirecVobSub.

zork17

Portal Member
    May 6, 2009
    MPC HC has the ability to override the subtitles placement. I need it so I can place the subtitles on the movie frame and not below it.
    Is it possible?

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    I have some MKV with animated subtitles (karaoke subs), these animations are not displayed with the MPC-HC plugin within Mediaportal. With Directvobsub the subs are animated.

I have seen that there is a feature within MPC ==> Options-Subtitles-Disable animation (for slow computers). The effect is the same. So it seems this "feature" is just enabled within the plugin. :)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MPC HC has the ability to override the subtitles placement. I need it so I can place the subtitles on the movie frame and not below it.
    Is it possible?

The feature is there (MediaPortal Configuration/Videos/Subtitle/Position relative to the video frame*) however it's broken right now. If you enable it the subtitles will be shown inside the movie frame but with the wrong aspect ratio.

zork17

Portal Member
    May 6, 2009
    Is it possible?

The feature is there (MediaPortal Configuration/Videos/Subtitle/Position relative to the video frame*) however it's broken right now. If you enable it the subtitles will be shown inside the movie frame but with the wrong aspect ratio.

I did some testing with this feature in MP and also in MPC HC. It works for me in most of the cases. The only problem is with Bluray Disks. Although the movie is ~1920x800, MPC-HC and also MediaInfo reports it as 1920x1080 and this is why (I guess) the subtitles are put in the wrong place.

There is a feature in MPC-HC to force the placement (85% Vertically works for 2.37 screens) of subtitles.
    I need a way to manually (with the remote) enable or disable this. Is there a easy way to do it?

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008

HW acceleration works for example with Cyberlink's H.264 codec. So it is not requiring MPC-HC codec. Also we don't want to start to distribute h.264 codec as it most likely has some licensing fees that we would be required to pay on downloaded MP basis (most likely MPV MPEG2 codec is already on that same gray area :p).

That's a clear answer to why it is better not to implement MPC-HC codec's. And if that is the case (which I believe right away) then I can live with it :p

:D

To add one more argument:

MPC subtitle engine is not a great engine only because you can use DXVA,imo is much better than the "old" engine in many ways...you don't need DirectVobSub to be installed,you have advanced options,the possibility to adjust subtitles delay and so far for me is working with 100% of my movies ( with both internal and external subtitles)...never worked at 100% when using DirecVobSub.

Haven't had those problems with DirectVOB (YET) but if what you say is true, it makes sense to implement these codec's and I'm 100% for implementation.

Domini0n

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    f**k me hold tight, this works!!! DXVA and subs in MP at the same time! Just installed onto 1.0.2, tested a 720p h264 .mkv with embedded sub, and DXVA works very nice with clean graph (haali->videocodec->EVR renderer), CPU usage went down from ca. 30-40% with DirectVobSub to 5-8%!

Thanx already posted.

Dullie

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    I am having trouble installing the Configuration and the subtitle engine... Quite simply I dont know how..

Could you please guide me with a step by step guide..

Thanks in advance..

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    f**k me hold tight, this works!!! DXVA and subs in MP at the same time! Just installed onto 1.0.2, tested a 720p h264 .mkv with embedded sub, and DXVA works very nice with clean graph (haali->videocodec->EVR renderer), CPU usage went down from ca. 30-40% with DirectVobSub to 5-8%!
    Thanx already posted.

Yes. It work. The only issue with dxva mode with Ati card (I don't know with nvidia) is the uvd post processing is not used for hd 720p and beyond resolution. no enhanced detail or noise reduction and so on.
    So sw mode with coreavc (waiting for OpenCL support) is a good choice yet.
    Anyway new subs engine work fine is both mode. So thanks a lot again. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom