Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What's the chance that dxva will ever be able to work on other cards than Ati's and nVidia's? My onboard intel chip is dxva compatible, but a different kind or something.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    What's the chance that dxva will ever be able to work on other cards than Ati's and nVidia's? My onboard intel chip is dxva compatible, but a different kind or something.

That only depends on the video codec's support, not anything to do with MP itself.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I read through the post, but i'm confused. I have MP 1.0 Final, how can i integrate MPC-HC subtitle engine?
    Are there precompiled files i can overwrite my current installation or is there a patch i can easily apply.
    If someone could point me in the direction. I have perfect MP 1.0 install, i dont want to update to later SVN or MP1.0.2
    (I also want to integrate dynamic refresh rate changer into 1.0 final install if possible)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi

I read through the post, but i'm confused. I have MP 1.0 Final, how can i integrate MPC-HC subtitle engine?
    Are there precompiled files i can overwrite my current installation or is there a patch i can easily apply.
    If someone could point me in the direction. I have perfect MP 1.0 install, i dont want to update to later SVN or MP1.0.2
    (I also want to integrate dynamic refresh rate changer into 1.0 final install if possible)

If you want to integrate multiple test-patch then you have to manually build the MediaPortal binaries.

1) fetch source codes for 1.0 release from the SVN
    2) merge source codes for the wanted patch (repeat for every patch) --- subtitle patch can be found from the first post in this tread
    3) build MP
    4) don't report any issues with such patched MP version :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

SAF (MPC-HC decoder) already suport DXVA on Intel GMA X4500HD, but thanks to stupid Intel only under Vista (DXVA 2.0) :(

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes. It work. The only issue with dxva mode with Ati card (I don't know with nvidia) is the uvd post processing is not used for hd 720p and beyond resolution. no enhanced detail or noise reduction and so on.

I do not use DXVA postprocessing anyway. Main Idea was to reduce CPU load and get maybe better pic quality than software mode.

I even tried ReClock in the graph (as audio renderer) and it works also (DXVA h.264 video with subs, 23,976 sped up to 25 fps with vsync -> judderfree playback, all because lacking 24p support on TV side)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

SAF (MPC-HC decoder) already suport DXVA on Intel GMA X4500HD, but thanks to stupid Intel only under Vista (DXVA 2.0) :(

With DXVA 1.0 the H.264 acceleration will always have to do on manufacturer basis (or specific code on codec side as well). Intel is wise enough to stay away from that jugle :p

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

maybe it´s time to admit the advantages of Vista over XP? Either way, Windows 7 is coming.

ViriiGuy

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    The advantages are not Vista's problem. It's problem are the Disadvantages it has to XP. Even MS gave up on Vista :) The are telling businesses not to buy it, wait for 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom