Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is a bit off topic but since I guess a lot of you guys have a working DXVA I try to ask here.

Since I am on AGP I am thinking about buying "Asus Radeon AH3650 SILENT/HTDI 512MB" which should be good for HTPC system since there are no fan.

Which catalyst is recommended to get DXVA working on Win XP with AGP?

For me on XP Catalyst 8.12 worked great with DXVA but with 9.1 h264 DXVA is not working.Some users are saying that catalyst 8.5 is reccomended on XP,take a look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/#post300495

That's correct. For XP catalyst 8.5 is the newest version that isn't broken. Hoborg has a link to download it on the first page of the "Stand Alone Filters" thread. I tested 8.11 and 8.12 and it works fine for HD stuff but hardware accel is still broken for SD stuff. So, 8.5 is still recommended for troublefree playback.

This is a bit off topic but since I guess a lot of you guys have a working DXVA I try to ask here.

Since I am on AGP I am thinking about buying "Asus Radeon AH3650 SILENT/HTDI 512MB" which should be good for HTPC system since there are no fan.

Which catalyst is recommended to get DXVA working on Win XP with AGP?

I have the pcie ATI 3450 and it works great. I will tell you though, that ATI removed support for AGP from the catalyst drivers. I tried an AGP card first and spent weeks trying to get it to work with DXVA. It wasn't worth it. Save yourself some time and upgrade to a system with a pcie slot. That's just my opinion, but I'm hoping it'll save you some headaches!

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
That's correct. For XP catalyst 8.5 is the newest version that isn't broken. Hoborg has a link to download it on the first page of the "Stand Alone Filters" thread. I tested 8.11 and 8.12 and it works fine for HD stuff but hardware accel is still broken for SD stuff. So, 8.5 is still recommended for troublefree playback.

Well, you are right. But hardware accel for SD stuff isnt that cpu intensive. Low end cpu's can handle this easilly. So personally I prefer the 8.12 build from ATI. But this is also because I have a 4350 ati. And as far as I know cat 8.5 wont install with it.

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I can only reproduce this problem on Vista. There are no threads alive, however some resources were only released on dll unload. After I moved cleaning code to be performed every time when movie is stopped, the problem seems to be gone.
I am able to reproduce this problem on XP every single time. Even if I just launch MediaPortal and don't play a video and then exit MP, the process continues to run. It happens for me with both EVR and VMR9 on XP so it seems it isn't related to that, which I originally thought it might be.

However, I can also confirm that your new mpcSubs.dll has fixed the problem entirely! Thanks! :D

I could not reproduce it as Pretoriano said. However I see what you said that when subtitles are off in configuration, they can not be turned on. I changed it so they can be turned on. I think that instead of "Enable subtitles" the option in configuration should be called "Autoload subtitles".

The fix is attached, unfortunately I updated to latest svn (21658) that is not released so I'm not updating the first post yet.

Yes, I am also now unable to reproduce that problem and can confirm that it was due to my hack of killing the MediaPortal process by calling Process.GetCurrentProcess().Kill(). Ignore that issue.

I just updated to SVN 21658 and my videos don't even play. All I get is a black screen, but I see the subtitles. Very strange.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Code:
    I just updated to SVN 21658 and my videos don't even play. All I get is a black screen, but I see the subtitles. Very strange.

Hi Damaster,you've done a complete uninstall before installing the new SVn or just installed over an old version?What codecs are installed on your computer.
    I had some trouble when i installed the latest svn without uninstalling first (moving pictures crashing MP,or better saying freezing MP) but after uninstalling MP using the third option in the installer and without installing MPC video and audio decoders (i always install codecs manually) now i have a working MP svn 21658 +cpp2005 subs patch.

BTW if anyone want to try svn 21658 with the patch included i can upload it somewhere.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Code:

Hi Damaster,you've done a complete uninstall before installing the new SVn or just installed over an old version?What codecs are installed on your computer.
    I had some trouble when i installed the latest svn without uninstalling first (moving pictures crashing MP,or better saying freezing MP) but after uninstalling MP using the third option in the installer and without installing MPC video and audio decoders (i always install codecs manually) now i have a working MP svn 21658 +cpp2005 subs patch.

BTW if anyone want to try svn 21658 with the patch included i can upload it somewhere.

I didn't install anything, just testing on my dev machine. I was running SVN 21527 which was working fine. I then created a new snapshot of the code (clean) from SVN 21658 and now videos don't play. I only hear audio and see the subtitles.

I am having the same problem with CoreAVC and MPC Video Decoder. I am playing H.264 1080p MKV samples.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Can you render the files with graphstudio?Or try to connect graphstudio (file ->connect to remote graph) while using MP and maybe we can see what is going wrong.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Can you render the files with graphstudio?Or try to connect graphstudio (file ->connect to remote graph) while using MP and maybe we can see what is going wrong.

Everything looks fine with GraphEdit when I connect to the remote graph. I've tried 3 decoders so far and still no avail with SVN 21658: ffdshow, CoreAVC, MPC Video Decoder. This is purely H.264 software decoding on an Intel onboard GPU. Everything works fine on SVN 21527 though...

UPDATE: I reported the bug over in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...o-video-playing-1080p-mkvs-svn-21658-a-54537/

UPDATE2: I updated to SVN 21688 and the problem is solved. Looks like it was indeed an issue with PlaneScene.cs.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    cpp2005,

Do you think you can update the first post? I just downloaded the latest SVN from 10-2-2009 (ver. 21688). If you do so, can you make it a little bit clearer what needs to be done in order to have this working. I am a little bit lost about what files to download and copy where etc..
    Thank you very much in advance. Im looking

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    cpp2005,

Do you think you can update the first post? I just downloaded the latest SVN from 10-2-2009 (ver. 21688). If you do so, can you make it a little bit clearer what needs to be done in order to have this working. I am a little bit lost about what files to download and copy where etc..
    Thank you very much in advance. Im looking

Hi,if you installed the latest SVN and cpp2005 will update the first post with the files based on SVN 21688 then you will only need the "mpc-hc_subs_bin.zip" file.After that go to the MP installation folder and backup "Configuration.exe" and "core.dll" than extract the files from "mpc-hc_subs_bin.zip" to your MP folder.I hope this will help you.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah..Thanks. Thats fully understood sir. ;)

With a bit of imagination I already thought it was something like you said. But I wasnt sure what to make of the other files. Nothing so it seems.... Thanks for the clear confirmation.

My TODO:
    [x] install SVN 21688
    [ ] Grab updated files, (pending)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom