Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes.

I personally do it with a few clicks on my remote. But you have to configure the buttons for it in MP config. Look for the values; sub delay+ and sub delay-.

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I tried to seach but didn't find anything about this so please excuse me if this is already covered.

Any news on the issue with using "subtitle relative to video frame" and the aspect of the subtitle font beeing wrong (vertically compressed)?

Using 1.1 beta and tried a few of the news svn's but reverted back to 1.1 beta.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the effort!

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    If I choose the old "DirectVobSub" as Subtitle-Renderer Mediaportal won't play any video files for me. The graph is not connecting. See the logfile. (latest SVN)

DirectVobSub is installed and it works fine if I drop a video in Graphedit.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Comma separated list and supports relative paths also. Can't be that hard?

Thanks... :)

Furthermore... Is it possible to manually delay a subtitle when watching a video file (Through Moving Pictures) And then Mediaportal autosaves it!?

You can alter delay using the OSD while watching a video through moving pictures.
    (at least you can with streamedmp skin)

it however doesn't save.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    cpp2005:

I checked with the latest SVN - .srt still don't work for .ts files. Do you think you can fix that?

Thank you!

Is there a way to make the MPC-HC .srt subtitles work with .ts files? It works for .avi files for me, but for .ts - no text on the screen. ffdshow can do .ts+.srt, but MPC-HC produces better quailty text.
    I'll check it.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I checked with the latest SVN - .srt still don't work for .ts files. Do you think you can fix that?

Not a bug, as by design MP uses TsReader for TS. You can use haali splitter for those by renaming .ts to .mkv. With TsReader it is not possible to use any external subtitle engine.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, you could use ffdshow video decoder and enable subtitle support. Or add ffdshow or vsfilter subtitle filter in MP's video post processing.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Well, you could use ffdshow video decoder and enable subtitle support. Or add ffdshow or vsfilter subtitle filter in MP's video post processing.

Yep, forgot that the ffdshow is capable of reading the subtitles all by itself.

dmat

December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi,
    I installed latest 1.1.0 beta version of Mediaportal and enabled the mpc-hc subtitles engine.
    First off all, works great for me!
    There is only one thing I couldn't find how to configure: subtitles position... maybe sounds stupid, but I couldn't find how to move subtitles up and down on the screen when using imbeded mediaportal mpc-hc engine.

Please advise, thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom