Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (2 Viewers)

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
I noticed a very huge bug for me. It seems I finally found my cause of the random 0.5 second freezes or slow downs. It's this patch :(
When I have subtitles enabled, the screen randomly stops for like 0.5 seconds, or it stutters very quickly. It seems to be random, and it happens like every 10-15 seconds..

When I hide the subtitles, everything is fine. I really want to use this plugin though, but I can't seem to fix it, tried everything I can do (3 catalyst drivers 9.1/9.2/9.3).

Specs:
2GHZ dualcore (mobile)
3GB DDR2
Ati Radeon Mobility HD3450
Windows Vista
Vsync + EVR+ Aero
Latest version of Mediaportal, StreamedMP skin, this patch.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I noticed a very huge bug for me. It seems I finally found my cause of the random 0.5 second freezes or slow downs. It's this patch :(
    When I have subtitles enabled, the screen randomly stops for like 0.5 seconds, or it stutters very quickly. It seems to be random, and it happens like every 10-15 seconds..

Me too (i've Vista, eve and aero why you sad "vsynch" in your sign? :confused:) Ati. read my post few posts ago. The stutter happen when subitile disapper. check this out.
    and report us.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    Glad I'm not the only one, but this must be very high priority? it's very unwatchable because of this.
    If this is fixed, my Mediacenter is finally " done" after years! It's the key to a full integrated mediacenter system like XBMC was for me in the old days when I just got an old xbox on my SD tv :)

EDIT: Found out it's only with DXVA enabled movies, and normal DIVX files are also unaffected by this problem.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Glad I'm not the only one, but this must be very high priority? it's very unwatchable because of this.
    If this is fixed, my Mediacenter is finally " done" after years! It's the key to a full integrated mediacenter system like XBMC was for me in the old days when I just got an old xbox on my SD tv :)

EDIT: Found out it's only with DXVA enabled movies, and normal DIVX files are also unaffected by this problem.

Red and you have an Ati series HD3xxx card,and like u can see there are not many complains about this,so maybe is something related to this videocard...I'm on HD 4870 and i don't have this problem,so i can't help you.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

When I hide the subtitles, everything is fine. I really want to use this plugin though, but I can't seem to fix it, tried everything I can do (3 catalyst drivers 9.1/9.2/9.3).

Specs:
    2GHZ dualcore (mobile)
    3GB DDR2
    Windows Vista
    Vsync + EVR+ Aero
    Have you tried 8.12 Catalysts? At least on Vista I think all 9.1-9.3 had at least partially broken HA. Just typical of ATI... With 8.12 DXVA HA works on both XP and Vista.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Specs:
    2GHZ dualcore (mobile)
    3GB DDR2
    Windows Vista
    Vsync + EVR+ Aero
    Have you tried 8.12 Catalysts? At least on Vista I think all 9.1-9.3 had at least partially broken HA. Just typical of ATI... With 8.12 DXVA HA works on both XP and Vista.

My experience is: random stuttering appear also in sw mode for example with CoreAvc decoding.
    random isn't correct because for me the new engine cause stuttering when subtitles disapper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom