Intelligent Frame Correction - PlugIn (1 Viewer)

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Sven,

you have to set the Information level to debug in MP Configuration.
    The only thing, that i can see in your logs is, that the aspect ratio was the hole time the same.
    So i think the black bars were brighter as the set black level, just a guess :-(

Btw: i wrote some words in the wiki

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Marveman, what I've detected is that the black bars of a tv program where correctly removed, but somethimes the plugin cuts the movie a second time, strecht the picture again and cut more then the black bar area, and after a few seconds it switchs back and cuts only the black bars and shows the movie as it should be shown?!?

There is anywhere a problem with the black bar detection during watching a movie, I don't know if these happens if the picture of the movie is to dark.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Marveman, what I've detected is that the black bars of a tv program where correctly removed, but somethimes the plugin cuts the movie a second time, strecht the picture again and cut more then the black bar area, and after a few seconds it switchs back and cuts only the black bars and shows the movie as it should be shown?!?

There is anywhere a problem with the black bar detection during watching a movie, I don't know if these happens if the picture of the movie is to dark.

Hi Fred,

yes this can happen, if the the picture is to dark and within the black area rectangle the black level is below your threshold and max value, you can avoid this problem to set the black level down or set the detection counter up, i know we have to fine tune this settings, the content is to different to detect 100% black bars in a very fast way :sorry:

But i'm working on it :)

best regards!
    Martin

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sven,

I saw in the logs that the black median is approx. 28 and the max value is 30+ you should try a lower threshold (~ 20) and max (~25) value or you can increase the detection counter to 3 or 4. You should test it out yourself.

regards,
    Martin

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

can you implement a default view mode? Here is the most channel is 4:3 and only some 4:3 letterbox, so when I switch from a letterboxed channel I have to wait to switch MP to normal zoom mode.

thx

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Working very good so far for TV/Video cropping and view mode switching - thanks !

I have the detection areas set to zero, which I guess should disable the black bar detection ?

The Wiki talks about 'TV Edge Crop' but there is no control with that name - is this 'Edge Crop' on the 'Advanced -> 'Screen' settings page ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom