Intelligent Frame Correction - PlugIn (3 Viewers)

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

can you implement a default view mode? Here is the most channel is 4:3 and only some 4:3 letterbox, so when I switch from a letterboxed channel I have to wait to switch MP to normal zoom mode.

thx

IFC can switch to another view mode until it detects the picture ratio. If the view mode switching is to slow for you, you can decrease the scan interval.

Working very good so far for TV/Video cropping and view mode switching - thanks !

I have the detection areas set to zero, which I guess should disable the black bar detection ?

The Wiki talks about 'TV Edge Crop' but there is no control with that name - is this 'Edge Crop' on the 'Advanced -> 'Screen' settings page ?

Tony

Right, I wrote in the wiki "TV Edge Crop" cause I renamed "Edge Crop" in the plugin.
    The black bar scanner is only active, when the picture ratio is lower as your tv ratio, and if you set the "areas" to zero it isn't deactivated, but is shouldn't cost cpu time cause there is nothing to check.

Btw. On my machine (one year old) and laptop (two years old), i could't notice a difference with IFC enabled and IFC disabled.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi

Can you tell me the name of the options "switch to another view mode until it detects the picture ratio"?

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Can you tell me the name of the options "switch to another view mode until it detects the picture ratio"?

Hello regeszter,

there is no such option, what i meant, IFC check every x milli seconds (scan interval) the picture, on the basis of the picture ratio, IFC decided which view mode is to choose. You can set the scan interval to a lower value, then the siwtching should be faster.

Regards,
    Martin

micmanm

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    WindowsXP SP3 Russian.
    Have small layout issue with your plugin.
    See attached picture.

Attachments

• IFC.GIF
      IFC.GIF
      74.2 KB

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Marveman, what I've detected is that black bars will be correctly removed on the most channels, but somethimes not on Pro7. Like yesterday in Starwars.

Yeah i know that issue, this happens because the black bars a little bit bigger, so we can adjust this with the overscan, i'll think about a better solution. Thanks anyway!

WindowsXP SP3 Russian.
    Have small layout issue with your plugin.
    See attached picture.

This is strange, I used the basic controls from C#, this shouldn't happen, maybe a .Net defect?

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Marveman is it also possible to remove black bars, which have a fucking logo on it, like on "DAS VIERTE"?

Yes, if the logo isn't within the rectangle of the black area one, then it crop the black bars though.
    What are your values of the black area one (Height, Width, X, Y)?

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Marvman, can you rename the file from IntelligentFrameCorrection.MPE1 to IntelligentFrameCorrection.mpi before you upload your next version into the plugin section?
    Then it should show up in the online list of the extension installer.

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    I've got the following settings (tv is 16:9 1920x1080):

Edge Crop:
    0 - 10 - 10 - 0 (to avoid black bars at the left an right site)

Black area one:
    H: 5
    W: 30
    Y: 5
    X: 30

Control area:
    H: 25
    W: 25
    Y: 40
    X: 40

Advanced settings:

Overscan Edge Crop: