Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    is there a way to play an Intro when MP start´s, like X-Box ?

I wood love to make one for MP !

When it give a way, what Mediatype will be supported?

Greetings Harley

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    please...
    I was sooooo glad to get rif of that stupid green blob......

anyway, can't you just install mplayer and make a batch file that starts the movie and after this launch Mediaportal?

A

Anonymous

anyway, can't you just install mplayer and make a batch file that starts the movie and after this launch Mediaportal?

Yes, works rather well too. However, it does slow down the starting of the program quite considerably. Not sure with MediaPortal, but using ShowShifter, if you try to launch SS when something else is using the overlay, it don't like it much. So you end up running the intro, shutting down mplayer, then launching the HTPC app.

Something tells me MediaPortal would be the same way. So what you end up with is a 5 second intro, it closes down, then MediaPortal runs, takes it's time to launch, and now you are in.

Begs the question, is it really worth waiting an extra 5- 8 seconds just to see the same animation screen everytime you launch the program?

A

Anonymous

Anyway, I was thinking an intro that runs for 12-15 minutes that you can't exit....

LOL, I bet you were the kind of guy to send a 10meg email to a friend on a dial-up connection just knowing he would be lambasting you as he waits 4 hours for the email to download....

His email would be jammed up until he downloaded the entire thing, and that was the day before web based email so he had no choice but to wait and download it.....

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2004
    Airy Crater, Mars
    Home Country
    Samsonite said:
    Anyway, I was thinking an intro that runs for 12-15 minutes that you can't exit.... ;)
    In that case make it REALLY annoying by adding a 12-15minute trailer when you DO exit MP telling you how wonderful it is, what a shame it is to exit the program, a list of the programmers and a list of the upcoming features :lol:

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    please...
    I was sooooo glad to get rif of that stupid green blob......

that would be clunky

Users who are viewing this thread